Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #196
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
They are not available on the French site, either? I wonder if the Canadian folks have them available to order.
Nope, only black listed as available (on either language's site).

Oops! Sorry Estelle, I somehow missed your post!

Last edited by Cdesja5; 09-05-2013 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Update...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #197
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
They are not available on the French site, either? I wonder if the Canadian folks have them available to order.
Kobo and Chapters/Indigo are only offering pre-orders for the black, but Future Shop and Best Buy have both black and pink available to pre-order.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2013, 05:40 AM   #198
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
What's the reason the new Aura may have more glare than previous Kobos/Kindles?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:21 AM   #199
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I wonder if 6" Aura with glass to edge of case is more prone to breaking than recessed screens with wide plastic bezel?
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:02 AM   #200
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
I wonder if 6" Aura with glass to edge of case is more prone to breaking than recessed screens with wide plastic bezel?
Have we been told it's glass?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #201
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
I don't see how it would be worse than a tablet which is made the same way, isn't it?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #202
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
What's the reason the new Aura may have more glare than previous Kobos/Kindles?
Don't think anyone knows yet, but it may be something to do with the switch from the IR touch screen to capacitive touch, or else related to the completely flat screen they are using?

I don't think you can judge too much on the video reviews & photos, we'll just need to wait until people actually have them in their hands and use them before we can start to get proper feedback. I'm certainly waiting until both the Aura and Paperwhite 2 are out (and hopefully get the chance to look at them both in person) before deciding which one to get.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #203
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
Looks like Kobo Aura screen is plastic, not glass

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/review/kobo/aura/525452/

Wondering if it's susceptible to light leakage from pinholes like some other front lit readers?
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #204
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Have we been told it's glass?
plastic
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #205
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
So they answered my query, saying absolutely nothing about the pink one! Yay! I already know the Aura will be released on the 16th. Although pre-orders begin shipping on the 11th...so maybe the pink will start shipping the 16th? What a lovely non-answer. Guess I'll wait til the 16th!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #206
Filmbrain
Connoisseur
Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I had the opportunity to play with the new Aura today, albeit briefly, at the IFA here in Berlin.

Personally, I find it too small (I have and love the Aura HD) but it does feel nice in the hands. The back in beveled like the Aura HD, but it has a rough, textured finish that feels very nice.

Sliding your finger up or down on the screen adjusts the light, which I guess is ok, but it's not something I find lacking on the HD.

Unfortunately my time with the device was cut short, and I didn't get to check out other features.

A nice device, for sure, but I'm not regretting buying the Aura HD.
Filmbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #207
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
I'm so going to get the Aura. And really, it truly is for a good cause: me !
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #208
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Has anybody heard when the Aura release date is in the UK? I've sent two emails to WH Smiths but they don't reply and asking in a store got me nowhere as they didn't even know it existed.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #209
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Not sure when it'll be in stock instore at WH Smith, but you can pre-order it via the Kobo website where it states that pre-orders will begin shipping on 11th September.

http://www.kobo.com/kobo-aura.html

I want to see it in person first before making up my mind, and I do remember it being a while before WH Smith got any demo models of the Glo in stock when it was first released.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #210
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Not sure when it'll be in stock instore at WH Smith, but you can pre-order it via the Kobo website where it states that pre-orders will begin shipping on 11th September.

http://www.kobo.com/kobo-aura.html

I want to see it in person first before making up my mind, and I do remember it being a while before WH Smith got any demo models of the Glo in stock when it was first released.
I would prefer to see it in person too, although I'll probably buy online as you seeem to get more protection that way. Maybe my memory is faulty but I thought that the Glo appeared in WHS straight after launch day. Keep checking their website and/or emailing after the 11th I suppose.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote