Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Free and bargain romances in November 2012

Starting the new thread. Here's a link to October

From Britomart's October thread:

As requested, here is an outline of the purpose of this thread:

We point out free and bargain romances to each other, and occasionally recommend certain books that are/were free (or the opposite!).

Because Kindle freebies are easiest to find, the majority of the books listed are from Amazon, but freebies and bargains from other retailers and in other formats are more than welcome!

In case no retailer is specifically mentioned in a post, it is safe to assume it's for Amazon US.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Carina Press freebie

I've actually read this one and enjoyed it enough to read the rest of the series.

Fatal Affair (Fatal #1) by Marie Force Kindle | Nook | Carina Press

Quote:
Washington, D.C., Metro Police Detective Sergeant Sam Holland needs a big win to salvage her career--and her confidence--after a disastrous investigation. The perfect opportunity arises when Senator John O'Connor is found brutally murdered in his bed, and Sam is assigned to the case. Matters get complicated when Sam has to team up with Nick Cappuano, O'Connor's friend and chief of staff...and the man Sam had a memorable one-night stand with years earlier. Their sexual chemistry still sizzles, and Sam has to fight to stay focused on the case. Sleeping with a material witness is another mistake she can't afford--especially when the bodies keep piling up.
edited to include Nook & Carina Press links

Last edited by apesmom; 11-01-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Advert
Old 11-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
apesmom
Wizard

Samhain's first of the month freebie

Blood, Smoke and Mirrors (Bad Witch #3 or #1 depending on if reading chronologically or in order written) by Robyn Bachar

Kindle | Nook | Samhain (not free yet but likely soon)

Quote:
Wrongly accused of using her magic to harm, the closest Catherine Baker comes to helping others is serving their coffee. Life as an outcast is nothing new, thanks to her father’s reputation, but the injustice stings. Especially since the man she loved turned her in.

Now the man has the gall to show up and suggest she become the next Titania? She’d rather wipe that charming grin off his face with a pot of hot java to the groin.

Alexander Duquesne has never faltered in his duties as a guardian—until now. The lingering guilt over Cat’s exile and the recent death of his best friend have shaken his dedication. With the murder of the old Titania, the faerie realm teeters on the brink of chaos. His new orders: keep Cat alive at all costs.

Hunted by a powerful stranger intent on drawing her into an evil web, Cat reluctantly accepts Lex’s protection and the resurrected desire that comes along with it. Lex faces the fight of his life to keep her safe…and win her back. If they both survive.

Product Warnings
This book contains one tough and snarky witch, one gorgeous guardian, explicit blood drinking, magician sex, gratuitous violence against vampires and troublemaking Shakespearean faeries.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
apesmom
Wizard

Kindle Freebie

No Place for a Lady (Regency Rags to Riches) by Jade Lee - previously published by Leisure in 2003 under author pseudonym Katherine Greyle

Quote:
The London rookeries are slums, rife with criminals, and shunned by the upper crust.

But someone there intends to murder one of England's greatest leaders, and Marcus Kane, Lord Chadwick, will follow every clue, even into the bowels of London's underground. But he can't find his way alone.

A partner is required.

Fantine (Fanny) Delarive is perfect. She knows the slums better any, has survived its labyrinth alone for years, and knows every criminal lurking in every dark corner.

Then, the investigation detours the pair into the bright ballrooms of the ton.

And Fantine fits in here, too.

Which changes everything.

Lord Chadwick knows a woman of Fantine's ilk is entirely unsuitable for him. But she's infinitely more exciting than any well-born lady he's ever met.

Now much more than an acquaintance with the independent, self-reliant Fantine is required... and it must end with nothing less than marriage.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #5
apesmom
Wizard

Freepartay has a new bunch up for Nov 1 only. A lot of new ones in this batch but it looks like all are short stories.
Advert
Old 11-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Thank you for the Robin Bachar title, it's been on my wishlist for ages .

This is from Samhain's latest news letter.
Quote:
It's our 7th Anniversary! To celebrate with us, use "HAPPYANNIVERSARY" as a coupon code for any of our 8 featured November titles, and receive 30% off! (exp. 11/30/12)
And the featured titles are:

Rocky Mountain Angel by Vivian Arend
Sometimes, even Angels must learn to fly...

Getting Hotter by Elle Kennedy
A good bad boy is hard to find.

Blooming in the Wild by Cathryn Cade
Dangers in paradise...

Leave Me Breathless by Cherrie Lynn
Leather and lace don't strike sparks... or do they?

Unwrapped by Lacey Alexander
All she wants for Christmas...

Finder's Keeper by Vivi Andrews
Love isn't a science. It's pure chemistry.

Tainted Gold by Lynn Michaels
Appearances can be deceiving...

A View from the Lake by Greg F Gifune
Death is not the end.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #7
apesmom
Wizard

Kindle Freebie

Danger's Kiss by Sarah McKerrigan (aka Glynnis Campbell) - previously published by Warner Forever in 2008

Quote:
She always ran from the law. Now she'll seduce it.
A trained thief, Desirée of Canterbury can wriggle out of any tight spot with a coy smile. Until she meets her match in Nicholas Grimshaw, the most feared lawman in the shire. Ruggedly handsome and all brawn, Nicholas is the key to avenging the unjust execution of her elderly guardian. Yet the crackling passion burning between them, stoked by every stolen touch, could defeat all her plans.
Nicholas is bound to Desirée by a debt of honor-though the lush, quick-witted beauty may be the death of him yet. Unwillingly installed in his household, Desirée mischievously disrupts his well-ordered life until he doesn't know whether to kiss or kill her. But soon Nicholas must use all his wiles to save them both from a merciless enemy...and, finally, claim her merry heart.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
I highly recommend Fatal Affair by Marie Force. I love series that follow a continuing couple and that's what this one does, so in that sense, it is kind of like the In Death series. This series is an autobuy for me and I think the next one (it's either #4 or 5) is due out this month, which is probably why they have the first one on sale.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #9
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I highly recommend Fatal Affair by Marie Force. I love series that follow a continuing couple and that's what this one does, so in that sense, it is kind of like the In Death series. This series is an autobuy for me and I think the next one (it's either #4 or 5) is due out this month, which is probably why they have the first one on sale.
Ditto.

Amazon also has Fatal Justice (#2) on sale for $1.99.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #10
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Regarding the Samhain anniversary sale, I'm not sure about the other books, but I know that Rocky Mountain Angel by Vivian Arend is a new release. Samhain always gives a 30% discount on new releases during the release week, as well as for a few weeks before for pre-orders, and at least in the past, these extra coupons have been 30% on top of that, so you actually get close to a 50% discount on these books. I know I'm going to be pre-ordering Rocky Mountain Angel, I will take a look at the others also.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #11
apesmom
Wizard

If you missed it last December, HarperCollins is offering Stephanie's Laurens' Devil's Bride with Bonus material for $0.99. This is the first in the Cynsters series.

Release date is 11/20

Kindle | Nook
Old 11-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #12
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Oh! I forgot to mention that Allromance is offering a 25% rebate on all Harper Collins titles until Nov 15.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
You can tell I am out of it. I had a really rough week. I didn't even realize it was a new month.

My One and Only by Kristen Higgins is on sale for $1.99
Play Dirty by Susan Andersen is on sale for $1.99

Mind Over Monsters by Jennifer Harlow is on sale for $1.99
Note: I am reading this. It's really good. It's a funny urban fantasy with romantic elements. Think X-Men meets Supernatural.

The Wicked Wager
by Anya Wylde is Free.
It's a regency romance mystery. The author contacted me on Goodreads last month and sent me a free copy. I have not read it but seeing it's now if it looks good to you it is free to try.

Jennifer Estep has self published a new Big Time Novel!
It's called Nightingale and it's book four of the series! For those of you who don't know it's a Superhero romance series that was original published by Berkley. I am so happy she is writing new additions to it.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-01-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #14
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Fatal Affair (Fatal #1) by Marie Force Kindle | Nook | Carina Press

edited to include Nook & Carina Press links
Thank you. I just noticed the below about Carina Press epubs.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Is there DRM? What does that mean to me as a consumer?

Carina files do not have DRM (Digital Rights Management). This means consumers can purchase one format to use on multiple devices without worry of limited usage.
What formats can I buy? What if I want different formats?

Currently Carina Press offers ePub formats for use on all devices.

Alternately, if you prefer your book to be in another format, you may consider purchasing the ePub format and using free software Calibre to convert your file into further formats via their simple process.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #15
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Happy November

Happy November

Let's start the month off right with the Cheaper by the Dozen from RT.

http://www.rtbookreviews.com/rt-dail...-book-deals-71

There are specials from Heather Graham, Susan Anderson, Maya Rodale, and more. Enjoy

Auntykatkat

Last edited by auntykatkat; 11-01-2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: spelling
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote