Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Free and Bargain Romances August 2012

Just wanted to set the ball rolling for August!

I update this post quoting the following message by Britomart just to call attention to the general purpose of the thread. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
In fact, this post evolved from the Kindle freebie posts started by ATDrake when people complained about how there were so many romance freebies. The very first month it was a Romance Freebies for Kindle thread, but by the next month it was a Freebie and Bargain Romances thread independent of retailer or format.

As Blossom said, Kindle freebies are much easier to spot than any of the others, and many contributors (myself included) just don't have the time to check at all the other eStores, so that's why they're predominant.

However, ALL information about freebie and bargain romances at different retailers and, occasionally, an author's website, is welcome.

Perhaps we should the outline this thread's purpose at the beginning of each month?
I think it's good for us all to be aware that most of the books posted will likely be Kindle freebies/bargains, but yes, anyone spotting other sources is more than welcome to post as well!!

Last edited by spindlegirl; 08-15-2012 at 12:28 PM.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free at Amazon:

The Baby Doctor US DE by Bobby Hutchinson, a Harlequin author.

Quote:
Thirty six year old obstetrician Morgan Jacobsen has had only two serious romances in her entire life, and they’d both ended years ago. She’s philosophical about her single state when she has time to think about it at all. She has a career that consumes her, a pregnant foster daughter, Tessa, whom she’s growing to love, a messy home of her own that she adores, and several challenged pets that she’s rescued from the SPCA. Life is good—until her estranged mother decides to move in with her.
Obstetrician Luke Gilbert is also thirty-six, but age and occupation are the only similarities between him and Morgan. Luke is impeccably groomed, a widower and the father of a fifteen-year-old daughter, Sophie. He’s polite, remote, unavailable, and a hopeless workaholic. He’s quiet, self-contained, unemotional: all the things Morgan emphatically isn’t.
Morgan has never told a living soul that Luke starred in a series of highly erotic x-rated dreams that plagued her for months, but although the dreams have stopped she still prefers not to be around Doctor Gilbert—not easy when she has to work with him. He’s simply too perfect for comfort.
But Luke’s perfection is a facade. His daughter is pregnant by his best friend’s son, and Luke’s relationship with Sophie is beyond stormy. When Sophie and Tessa become friends, he finds himself confiding in Morgan—and lusting after her as well. Lust soon becomes love, but love has an insurmountable number of obstacles to overcome.
Can two baby doctors deliver a happy ending?
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I posted this last night in the other thread.

Pirate Next Door by Jennifer Ashley is on Sale for 99 cents! I've had this on my wishlist for awhile now waiting for a price reduction. The other two books are still $2.99 It's a historical Regency romance.

Also link to post that lists Harlequins on sale.

I also found Texas Rose by Patricia Rice on sale for $2.99. This is the same as Paper Roses which was on sale for 99 cents last Christmas. The formatting has been fixed so I bought it again seeing her books are usually 4.99 and I'm patiently collecting the series as they are discounted. The first in the series Texas Lily was a freebie a couple weeks back. It's on sale for 99 cents if you missed out on it being free. These are historical western romances. My Favorite.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

An Affair with Mr. Kennedy (Gentlemen of Scotland Yard) by Jillian Stone is $1.99.
This is a Simon and Schuster book so this is really is a good deal. She's a new author to me. This seems to be book one of a new series. Book two is due out in September. FictionDB labels this as a Victorian Romance.

I just love the cover on this book! Have you ever bought a book because you just fell in love with cover? I have and it turned out to be one of my favorite books.

Edit: Just read this won a Golden Heart Award in 2010 for Best Romantic Suspense. Original title? The Yard Man.

Last edited by Blossom; 08-01-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Montana Glory by R.C. Ryan is $2.99 seeing I paid $9 for it two years ago this is an amazing deal! This is a modern western. It's book three in the McCords series. I own all 3 but have not read them yet.
Advert
Old 08-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #6
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
An Affair with Mr. Kennedy (Gentlemen of Scotland Yard) by Jillian Stone is $1.99.
This is a Simon and Schuster book so this is really is a good deal. She's a new author to me. This seems to be book one of a new series. Book two is due out in September. FictionDB labels this as a Victorian Romance.

I just love the cover on this book! Have you ever bought a book because you just fell in love with cover? I have and it turned out to be one of my favorite books.
Thank you Blossom - I also LOVE the cover of this book. I actually think that although the words and the story are important so is the packaging. I like books that have great covers and make me want to dive into them. I think authors should put some quality time into their covers.

ALso, let me thank you for yet another series that I think I am going to love. I really need to stop coming to this thread, nothing but trouble (but really good trouble).
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:

LOL!!! I bought this book last week because I loved the cover.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Thank you Blossom - I also LOVE the cover of this book. I actually think that although the words and the story are important so is the packaging. I like books that have great covers and make me want to dive into them. I think authors should put some quality time into their covers.

ALso, let me thank you for yet another series that I think I am going to love. I really need to stop coming to this thread, nothing but trouble (but really good trouble).
I think I am going to love it too. She has a steam punk series as well that looks just as good.

Unfortunately it's the publisher who does the cover unless it's self published then I totally agree with you. The author needs to have it done professionally. However the Author is stuck with whatever cover their publisher picks. I remember a issue JoAnn Ross had with a reissue of one her books. The cover looked very similar to her current series and the book wasn't anything remotely related to it. In fact it has a erotic flavor to it while her current series is on the sweet side. All she could do was warn us about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
LOL!!! I bought this book last week because I loved the cover.
Great minds think alike! I hope you got the $1.99 price. A cover is the first thing that catches my eye and this one made me go... "WOW!"
Old 08-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #9
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Yup, that cover caught my eye also and I usually don't pay much attention to covers. I downloaded the sample and will probably buy the book, especially since I'm now into August's book budget LOL.

By the way, there are four new Sourcebook romances for sale for $1.99 and $2.99: Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber, Embrace by Jessica Shirvington, The Night Mine by M.L. Buchman, and Midnight on Julia Street by Ciji Ware, but I don't know how to post the buy links here.

Last edited by worktolive; 08-01-2012 at 07:41 PM.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #10
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
A freebie PDF excerpt of a new Carina Press book, it is the first 20% of book.

Carina Press
Planning for Love by Christi Barth: The first wedding she ever coordinated was at the Shedd Aquarium. So of course it's featured heavily in Planning for Love. Her feet still hurt just remembering that night! Download the first 20% here...

http://www.harlequin.com/media/image...ristiBarth.pdf
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:

Great minds think alike! I hope you got the $1.99 price. A cover is the first thing that catches my eye and this one made me go... "WOW!"
Absolutely only paid $1.99. There hasn't been a single book since agency pricing that I've been compelled to spend more than $4.99 for.

BTW, I think the cover for Shana Galan's Lord and Lady Spy came from the same photo shoot.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Absolutely only paid $1.99. There hasn't been a single book since agency pricing that I've been compelled to spend more than $4.99 for.

BTW, I think the cover for Shana Galan's Lord and Lady Spy came from the same photo shoot.
Good catch! They are the same models and he is wearing the same outfit. It just different dresses. I don't care for the dress on the other cover it looks wrinkled not to mention where is her undergarments?! Scandalous! Not ever a garter! They wore stockings and all kinds of feminine things under their dresses.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #13
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
These are FREE:

--Crux - Southern Arcana #1 - Moira Rogers - Samhain Publishing

--The Mercenary's Price (Historical Romance Novella) - C.J. Archer

--Her Wicked Ways (Secrets & Scandals) - Darcy Burke

3 More Free by Moira Rogers (Previously Published):

http://www.amazon.com/Moira-Rogers/e...sort=pricerank

Last edited by kg3; 08-01-2012 at 11:24 PM.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:30 AM   #14
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
FYI - this is offered at the 1.99 price at B&N also.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:03 AM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
FYI - this is offered at the 1.99 price at B&N also.
It should be that price any place Agency books are sold. Kobo, Sony, Books on Board,...etc