Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
marlijn
marlijn began at the beginning.

Device: prs t1
is this a broken screen?

i did not do anything only from standbye to online because i wanted to read a book.

this is online :

and this is when the reader is off

i hope sony can fix it, i live in the netherlands, in the netherlands is a sony fix in almere. does anyone know the prize of the fix and if its in guarenty?

i just have the reader about 3 weeks and i did not know what i did wrong
marlijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
It looks like from the pictures the contacts inside have either come loose or are getting the wrong signals.
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
marlijn

So it's no broken screen you think? And you think this under warranty? because I have him only 3 weeks and am careful to gone.

How could it be that if the reader is off, you see this?

i did also try a few times the reset, but that did not work
Old 05-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
I think this IS a broken screen. Look at the left lower corner:

There you can see a curved line separating black and white - this is the crack. Result are interrupted connections which makes the screen become striped.

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
marlijn

A ok thanks, do you know how it will cost? i didn't do anything wrong, it is a really pity because i just have him about 3 weeks, how is dat possible if i did not do anything, just only reading .

i did get him from my birthday, so yeah. i hope it cost nog really a lot
Advert
Old 05-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
To be honest:

It will cost you a new reader. I think I can't remember have read just one time that someone has changed the screen. Maybe I'm wrong.

Problem on eInk-display nowadays is the glass(!) layer. There exists an very thin glass-substrat, on top of it there glues the thin and flexible eInk-foil (the heart of the display) and on the top of this layer a plastic-layer which you touch with your fingers when using the touch-screen.

If you bend the reader too much (and 'too much' can be less than you think) the glass-layer will break. Sadly this problem has not been lowered by using a thin plastic-frame for the T1...

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
netboy
Enthusiast
netboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watchnetboy is clearly one to watch

Device: prs-505, prs-950, irex dr800sg
I had same exact thing happen to me on my prs-950 after about 3 months of ownership. I sent it on my desk one night then turned it on the next day and looked like yours just much worse. I called sony warranty customer support and they sent me a new one right away with postage to send my busted one back. Since you are in NL I am not sure how that works, but it is worth a shot.
netboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #8
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
Good catch on the curve in the lower left. This definately shows damage. I didn 't catch it on the first look

Sadly a new screen repair "usually" costs more than getting a new Reader. The best now is to call Sony repair and get a price quote. Then you can make your decision more informed.

Last edited by solitarywolf; 05-09-2012 at 12:00 PM.
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote