Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
ranjankm80
ranjankm80 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Question about collection

Hi, I am really new to Kindle. I tried a search without any result. I have been following this forum and found a lot of help useful for a newbie. So, please bear with me if this is a dumb question.

From my understanding of sorting inside 'Collections' there is an option 'Most recent first' is supposed to 'Sort your content by the most recently added or recently opened items first' from amazon's documentation. This is fine when I do it on my Home screen (if I start to read a book on home screen it comes as the first book on home screen).

However, inside a collection it always shows as 'Most recently added'; in other words if I start to read say, the fifth book inside a collection I expect it to be the first book next time I go inside this 'Collection'. But, it still shows to be the fifth book instead of the first book as I was expecting.

Am I missing something here? Is that how it behaves for all of you guys? I really hate to scroll down pages before I can find the book I am currently reading. Please help me out..

Update: I was trying to understand the problem myself & figured out it is not a matter of home screen or inside collection. This happens if the book is not bought from Amazon; for instance I have downloaded a few books from manybooks.net and even if I am reading those books they don't show up as the first book.

Last edited by ranjankm80; 01-02-2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Added clarification
ranjankm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:29 PM   #2
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I'm not experiencing this. I went into a few collections, opened a random book, went back to home and then back in, and the book last opened was first no matter how far down the list it started at.

It should only change that behavior if you add books to that collection since it was last opened. In that case, it's newly added books followed by most recently read.

The majority of my books are not from Amazon, and I tested it with both Amazon and non-Amazon books, so unless you added to the collection since you last read that book, I don't know what would cause that.

Sometimes a restart can fix random issues. Home>menu>settings>menu>restart. Maybe someone else will have another suggestion.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #3
ranjankm80
ranjankm80 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Wow! Thank you so much CWatkinsNash for your help. That actually solved it. I have no idea what triggered that problem . But after the restart like you mention it's working fine. Once again thank you and wish you a very happy new year!
ranjankm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:09 PM   #4
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Happy New Year to you as well, and I'm glad it worked. And welcome to MobileRead!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote