Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 06-16-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
geneaber
Connoisseur
geneaber doesn't littergeneaber doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Site to Buy ebooks for Ebookwise 1150

I have the Ebookwise 1150. Are there any other sites to buy imp files from for new books? I have found that ebookwise.com's selection is very limited.

Thanks.
geneaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
fictionwise

fictionwise sells .imp books, look for the books that are listed as multi-format.

Any books that come in a regular txt file or a html file can be converted to a .imp file through the librarian software.

You can also convert books to .imp such as .lit and .mobi format. I prefer .lit if I need to reformat, as it generally comes out looking very good.

See wiki info at: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/IMP_software

Let us know if you have any more questions!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
LauraLynn
Enthusiast
LauraLynn is on a distinguished road

Device: iPod Touch, Dell Axim X30 & EB1150
Hi! I'm a fairly new eBookwise user too, I like Fictionwise. You can buy their Multi format books and they'll work. At first I was reluctant to "limit" myself by purchasing an eBookwise, then after lots of searching here I found that my selection was almost limitless. You can read more about that on my blog if you are interested. http://ebookwise.blogspot.com/
LauraLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
spear
Connoisseur
spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I tend to buy books in the Rocket Book .rb format even at Fictionwise. Its an older format that converts easily in the librarian program. I prefer it over directly downloading imp because when I get ready to convert it in librarian I have a chance to choose which category I want the book to be sorted in on the EBW. It helps with organization. I have found it suprising just how many places still carry .rb, and when they don't I will use html and convert it (use the special html feature option in the librarian). If you like romance, Elloras Cave is one of those sites still using the Rocket Book format. In fact it was from perusing through their site and Dale De's that convinced me to go with the EBW 1150 in the first place.
spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I had a lot of luck buying non-DRM mobi from various sites (.prc). It was easy to use mobe2imp that nrapallo invented. Then just scoot it into the librarian, and it was ready to read. With some practice, you can do this in 2 mins or less, it is really fast and easy.

Baen and Feedbooks are a couple of site I remember using to get the .prc books.

Good luck and enjoy your EBW1150!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote