Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #16
jimh12345
Connoisseur
jimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it is

Device: kindle
Tried the jailbreak on my KSO and had absolutely no success.

I rename system and documents, disable wifi, restart, when restart gets underway I connect USB and watch for the Kindle in Explorer. It shows up again as a Removable Disk right away, but I can't copy a file to it, I get an error of "please insert a under a disk into removable drive F:'. Eventully it shows up as 'Kindle' again at the very end of the restart process, just as it completes. Too late to copy the file.

There is never the slightest opportunity to copy the jailbreak file during the restart. Or if there is, it's only a fraction of a second.

Last edited by jimh12345; 08-21-2011 at 08:22 PM.
jimh12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #17
Enthir
Enthir began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimh12345 View Post

I rename system and documents, disable wifi, restart, when restart gets underway I connect USB and watch for the Kindle in Explorer. It shows up again as a Removable Disk right away, but I can't copy a file to it, I get an error of "please insert a under a disk into removable drive F:'. Eventully it shows up as 'Kindle' again at the very end of the restart process, just as it completes. Too late to copy the file.

There is never the slightest opportunity to copy the jailbreak file during the restart. Or if there is, it's only a fraction of a second.
Just copy the file and quickly disconnect and do the menu thing as fast as you can. The copy process is not the stressful part in my opinion.
Enthir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #18
jimh12345
Connoisseur
jimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it is

Device: kindle
enthir, I don't understand the order of the steps you're describing. You're saying - copy the file to the root, then pull the USB plug and find the 'restart' menu option, and restart the Kindle?
jimh12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:42 AM   #19
MyPreciousss
In search of the precious
MyPreciousss has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MyPreciousss has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MyPreciousss has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MyPreciousss has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3G, PSP Slim CFW, iTouch 1G, PocketViewer, Nokia 6270
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimh12345 View Post

I faced the same stuff. Just go with it. Copy as soon as you can. How can you say it was 'too late'? Did the kindle NOT show the 'update your kindle' option after bootup?
MyPreciousss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #20
Bratzzo
Addict
Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPreciousss View Post

Attached- The collection of 'Don't Panic' screensavers that cycle on my Kindle. As, for all intents and purposes, Kindle3G is the Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy
Nice screensavers.
If you like, you can use my 'Don't Panics"

or
Bratzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:34 AM   #21
MyPreciousss
In search of the precious
MyPreciousss has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MyPreciousss has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MyPreciousss has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MyPreciousss has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3G, PSP Slim CFW, iTouch 1G, PocketViewer, Nokia 6270
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratzzo View Post
If you like, you can use my 'Don't Panics"
I adore your screensavers! Thanks for sharing man!

They have everything... the Don't Panic in large, friendly letters , 'It's a Kindle' message for those who don't get the reference and best of all... MARVIN!!

Did you make them? If yes, make more!
MyPreciousss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:56 PM   #22
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPreciousss View Post
Attached- The collection of 'Don't Panic' screensavers that cycle on my Kindle. As, for all intents and purposes, Kindle3G is the Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy
You aren't alone in your opinion:

http://xkcd.com/548/

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-10-2012 at 11:58 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak 3.2.1, kindle 3, kindle special offers, screensavers