Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-27-2009, 08:21 AM   #16
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
Nope, you can create collections on the eLibrary, then sync them to either a card or to the Reader's memory. I do both.
Duh!!! Just found the plus button. Now I see how this is done. Not exactly intuitive until you locate the option.

Thanks,
RA
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:38 AM   #17
Lanik42
Follower of Muad'Dib
Lanik42 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 on the way!
I haven't tried it (My PRS-505 isn't even here yet), but if you want a collection in a certain order in calibre, all you would have to do is create a series and set the book order in the series, right? My experience is limited, mostly from reading the boards and such, but I think that should work.
Lanik42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2009, 09:03 AM   #18
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanik42 View Post
I haven't tried it (My PRS-505 isn't even here yet), but if you want a collection in a certain order in calibre, all you would have to do is create a series and set the book order in the series, right? My experience is limited, mostly from reading the boards and such, but I think that should work.
Is that how it works? I thought that the "Series" column was for text entry like the "Dark Tower" series?
RA
Old 04-03-2009, 09:13 AM   #19
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
In Calibre, the metadata has fields for/can contain "Tags", "Series" and a book number within the series. When it copies the book to the reader it uses both the tag & the series to create collections, with the book number used to order the book within the collection generated as a result of the series value, so you might, for example, end up with the same book in a "SF" collection AND a "Dark Tower" collection.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #20
radamo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
In Calibre, the metadata has fields for/can contain "Tags", "Series" and a book number within the series. When it copies the book to the reader it uses both the tag & the series to create collections, with the book number used to order the book within the collection generated as a result of the series value, so you might, for example, end up with the same book in a "SF" collection AND a "Dark Tower" collection.
Ahhh.... now that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. I looked in Calibre metadata update frame and now see what you were referring to.

Great stuff. ...and some Karma for you...
RA
Advert