Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-17-2018, 03:46 PM   #16
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by shareddreams View Post
Success!
...From what I am able to gather as an Android noob, you have to allow the reader to scan your files first and once all the books are scanned, they won't be duplicated in another location when you open them from file manager...
I do not believe that is correct when storage and full read and write permissions are set by the app for itself when installed as they normally should be by default (they are by both Pocketbook and Moon+ Reader) and a non faulty card or format. In fact, if I was finding that some sort of scan has to take place first I would, as first response, suspect that I had a problem related to the card (permissions, format, corruption, etc.).

For example, I can copy a book onto any device here from a PC to a folder on the card, not being the folder nominated as the main one in my device's reading app, and then open the book with the device's file manager, selecting my reading app when the file manager asks what reading app to open it with, and the book will open without another copy being made. So, the reading app has never been opened after the book was put on the card prior to it being opened from the file manager and so was never scanned by it beforehand.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:10 AM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I use Calibre Companion to manage my books on my TAB A. I just configured Moon + Pro (free versions limit the features) to just use the books as is. Adobe has a free reader for Android
Calibre companion (paid) allows (as far as Android permits), where to store BY TYPE and which viewer to use for each type.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert