Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 12:27 PM   #1
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
[GUI Plugin] BookFusion Cloud & Device Sync - Sync eBooks Android/iOS/Web

BookFusion Calibre eBook Plugin

Sync Your Entire Calibre eBook Collection Across Devices

https://www.bookfusion.com/reading/calibre

Main Features BookFusion Calibre Plugin:
  • Synchronize your entire eBook collection to your devices via BookFusion.
  • Automatically remove duplicates when synced.
  • Selectively sync the eBooks you want by using Calibre’s inbuilt sort & filter functionality.
  • Sync series
  • Sync custom columns to automatically created custom bookshelves
  • Sync updated eBook files across your devices.
  • Synchronize metadata and tags from Calibre to all your devices.
  • Your Entire eBook Collection Acessible 24/7

BookFusion Calibre Plugin Requirements:

BookFusion Calibre Tutorial:

You can find all the tutorials for using the Calibre Plugin at https://support.bookfusion.com/hc/en...730061-Calibre

BookFusion Calibre Plugin Installation:

1. Download the BookFusion Calibre Plugin or using the attachment in the post.

OR

1. Get plugin by going to Preferences--> Get Plugins To Enhance Calibre and simple search for BookFusion and install the plugin there.

2. Install the BookFusion Calibre Plugin by opening Calibre and then going to Preferences

3. Select Plugins

4. Click “Load plugin from file” and select the BookFusion Calibre Plugin you downloaded from Step 1

5.Accept installing the plugin and enable by double clicking on BookFusion Plugin after highlighting.

6. Restart Calibre to start using the BookFusion Calibre Plugin

Using the BookFusion Calibre Plugin:

1. Create or login to your BookFusion account and generate your API key by going to https://www.bookfusion.com/calibre-api/v1/api-key . Click the BookFusion icon on the far right and click configure to enter your API key.

2. Sync your entire eBook collection or selective sync specific titles.

3. Search & filter using Calibre and selectively sync only the eBooks you are interested in to your device via BookFusion. You can add out plugin actions to the context menu for easier access.

Support:

If you are having issues or would like to provide us with feedback, please send an email to support@bookfusion.com or send a PM
Attached Files
File Type: zip BookFusion-0.8.1.zip (33.9 KB, 17236 views)

Last edited by skillachie; 04-29-2023 at 02:42 AM. Reason: updating plugin to v 0.81: Bug fix
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:30 AM   #2
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is another post on MobileRead that introduces BookFusion at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=205476

We are also having a special for early readers that use our platform before 16th July 2018
Old 06-23-2018, 10:45 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@skillachie: Could you remove the ad from the subject? The subject should just be the name of the plugin. Plus, the plugin has absolutely nothing to do with syncing with devices. It syncs to a Bookfusion account. From there it syncs to the devices.

And of course, "All Devices" isn't true. You are only talking about Android and iOS based devices. Bookfusion doesn't support dedicated ereader devices such as those from Kobo, Kindle or tolino. So, that claim isn't really true.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:00 AM   #4
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@skillachie: Could you remove the ad from the subject? The subject should just be the name of the plugin. Plus, the plugin has absolutely nothing to do with syncing with devices. It syncs to a Bookfusion account. From there it syncs to the devices.

And of course, "All Devices" isn't true. You are only talking about Android and iOS based devices. Bookfusion doesn't support dedicated ereader devices such as those from Kobo, Kindle or tolino. So, that claim isn't really true.

Hi David,

Thank you for the comment.

1. Where is the Ad? The subject says "BookFusion Cloud Sync" is that what your referring to? Or the sub heading "Your entire Calibre eBook Collection is only a tap away "

2. Devices - Most devices are based on Android & iOS that users use today. Users sync their eBooks to their Kindle devices via the web interface by clicking send to Kindle and some Kobo users have installed the Android app on their devices.

"All Devices" was not meant to be cover every possible device but the majority of devices that users read on today. However, I can update it to read "Most Devices" since the intention is not to mislead anyone.

Last edited by skillachie; 06-24-2018 at 01:03 AM.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:00 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillachie View Post
Hi David,

Thank you for the comment.

1. Where is the Ad? The subject says "BookFusion Cloud Sync" is that what your referring to? Or the sub heading "Your entire Calibre eBook Collection is only a tap away "
When I posted, the title of the thread something like "Sync your entire eBook collection to all your devices - BookFusion Cloud Sync". I considered that first bit an ad rather and not actually help in terms of this forum. I assume a moderator agreed with me about the subject, and fixed it since then. I thought about it later, and I realised that if it was the other way round (plugin name followed by the function claim/ad), I wouldn't have been as bothered by it.
Quote:
2. Devices - Most devices are based on Android & iOS that users use today. Users sync their eBooks to their Kindle devices via the web interface by clicking send to Kindle and some Kobo users have installed the Android app on their devices.

"All Devices" was not meant to be cover every possible device but the majority of devices that users read on today. However, I can update it to read "Most Devices" since the intention is not to mislead anyone.
I understand why you used "all device". And in most places, it would probably be OK, but here, you have a large number of people that use devices that you don't support, or only partly support. And to me, using the Kindle email function falls into "partly support" as you don't support reading position syncing. And of course, if you used "all devices" in any advertising without very good disclaimers, someone is going to come after you sooner or later.

And as to Kobo owners installing your app, that either means they are using a Vox, which is an Android table that Kobo stopped selling years ago, or they have installed Android as a replacement for the Kobo supplied OS and application. People who have done the latter is tiny and using them as justification for "all" supporting Kobo devices and hence "all devices" is reaching a bit far.

And as a comment, if I started using BookFusion and this plugin, the dialog displayed in the second last screenshot would really bug me each time I saw it. It is OK for the first time user, but after that, all that text adds absolutely nothing. It is just an ad and you have already made the sale. If it changes as someone uses the plugin, then OK. And the "& on Any Device" at the end of the title is just not needed. It is repeating what has already been said, "on Your Devices" and is a little contradictory - is it "all" or just my devices?.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 12:57 AM   #6
skillachie
Addict

Hi David,

Thank you for the feedback. Have removed the word 'all' for the devices description. Also, will update the screen in the plugin to be displayed only on first use.

Other Readers,

Please feel free to take the plugin for a spin and let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:39 PM   #7
lorikitty
lorikitty began at the beginning.

Device: LG V20
Quote:
Other Readers,

Please feel free to take the plugin for a spin and let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions.
I'm taking it for a spin, and so far have these questions/concerns (although some are about the site):
  • Genres - only some books display my Genre tags in the web interface (labelled #genre), most don't
  • Series info - I saw elsewhere on MR that Series info will be coming soon - hopefully that'll plug into the Calibre plugin somehow?
  • Calibre comments - these are often part of the metadata downloaded from GR/Amazon and give a synposis/back-matter text-based description of each book. Without it I'm forced to rely on book covers, which is very frustrating for me - I choose poorly when judging a book by its cover
  • Default setting for uploaded books is "public" - found where to change it in Settings, but I'm not comfortable sharing my purchased books publically
  • Grid vs table view on the web interface - I'm not a fan of the cover grid view. I want to know what the book's about before I start reading.

My current well-loved setup is using Calibre Companion w/Moon+Reader on my devices to download/sync books and bookmarks. From there, I browse for the next book by a wide variety of tags, including genre, series, author, and title. I also have custom columns set up to match my Goodreads labels which helps find my next read. This service seems to fall pretty short of that experience. The only area where it excels is the web-based reading - that is spot-on.

Last edited by lorikitty; 07-03-2018 at 08:05 PM.
lorikitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:25 PM   #8
skillachie
Addict

Thank you for taking us for a spin lorikitty. Really appreciated. Will clarify some of the points

Thank you for the excellent and constructive feedback lorikitty. We will be able to address all of the points mentioned and look forward to following up with you again when we do.

Happy Reading

Quote:
[*]Genres - only some books display my Genre tags in the web interface (labelled #genre), most don't
Will have this added to development to be reviewed and resolved.

Quote:
[*]Series info - I saw elsewhere on MR that Series info will be coming soon - hopefully that'll plug into the Calibre plugin somehow?
Series information not available yet but is planned

Quote:
[*]Calibre comments - these are often part of the metadata downloaded from GR/Amazon and give a synposis/back-matter text-based description of each book. Without it I'm forced to rely on book covers, which is very frustrating for me - I choose poorly when judging a book by its cover :bookworm
We had the issue previously where some users preferred to keep the metadata that was synced from their library. We will have this enabled by default but have the option to disable automatically fetching metadata for upload eBooks. This is planned with the addition of some more features later this year

Quote:
[*]Default setting for uploaded books is "public" - found where to change it in Settings, but I'm not comfortable sharing my purchased books publically
To be clear the books marked as "public" are not shared. It just means once the ability to share eBooks and your reader profile is released(currently in development) then those titles will show on your bookshelf for your family or friends to see your eBook collection just as they would browse your physical bookshelf.

This can be toggled to private by default and you can selective choose which books you would like to be shown on your bookshelf and the ones to kept hidden

Quote:
[*]Grid vs table view on the web interface - I'm not a fan of the cover grid view. I want to know what the book's about before I start reading.
Great point. We will have this added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorikitty View Post
I'm taking it for a spin, and so far have these questions/concerns (although some are about the site):
  • Genres - only some books display my Genre tags in the web interface (labelled #genre), most don't
  • Series info - I saw elsewhere on MR that Series info will be coming soon - hopefully that'll plug into the Calibre plugin somehow?
  • Calibre comments - these are often part of the metadata downloaded from GR/Amazon and give a synposis/back-matter text-based description of each book. Without it I'm forced to rely on book covers, which is very frustrating for me - I choose poorly when judging a book by its cover
  • Default setting for uploaded books is "public" - found where to change it in Settings, but I'm not comfortable sharing my purchased books publically
  • Grid vs table view on the web interface - I'm not a fan of the cover grid view. I want to know what the book's about before I start reading.

My current well-loved setup is using Calibre Companion w/Moon+Reader on my devices to download/sync books and bookmarks. From there, I browse for the next book by a wide variety of tags, including genre, series, author, and title. I also have custom columns set up to match my Goodreads labels which helps find my next read. This service seems to fall pretty short of that experience. The only area where it excels is the web-based reading - that is spot-on.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:56 PM   #9
skillachie
Addict

[GUI Plugin] BookFusion Cloud Sync - Sync eBooks Android/iOS/Web

Hi Everyone,

We discovered that some users have issues with the plugin not being able to upload more than 30 books at a time without crashing.

To help us identify the reason for the crash can you please send us the log stored in the calibre library directory, it’s named “bookfusion_sync.log”

Please also feel free to provide us with any feedback or suggestions
Old 11-23-2018, 05:13 AM   #10
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Hi Everyone,

We discovered that some users have issues with the plugin not being able to upload more than 30 books at a time without crashing.

To help us identify the reason for the crash can you please send us the log stored in the calibre library directory, it’s named “bookfusion_sync.log”

Please also feel free to provide us with any feedback or suggestions

Do you interested in logs where calibre didn't crash even if it was >30 books?
Where to send? PM here?

As for suggestions - e-ink support in android client please, even if just new visual theme and disabled page turn animation (it looks horrible on most e-ink displays)
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:28 AM   #11
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
Do you interested in logs where calibre didn't crash even if it was >30 books?
Where to send? PM here?

As for suggestions - e-ink support in android client please, even if just new visual theme and disabled page turn animation (it looks horrible on most e-ink displays)
Hi vikarti,

We updated the plugin and resolve the issues with crashing. Please try to update. If you still have issues you can PM here or send an email to support@bookfusion.com

eInk is currently planned.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:08 PM   #12
chicleeblair
Connoisseur
chicleeblair began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
is there a plan to allow for more organization? Right now I can’t even separate read from unread without making it a tag, even though I have that as a category on calibre
chicleeblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:36 PM   #13
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicleeblair View Post
is there a plan to allow for more organization? Right now I can’t even separate read from unread without making it a tag, even though I have that as a category on calibre
Hey chicleeblair,

We are adding support for those lists in the next iteration and will allow you to match tags with currently reading, read, finished. We just released support for virtual bookshelves in the Web and are working on adding virtual bookshelves in iOS and Android.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:04 PM   #14
skillachie
Addict

Calibre Cloud and Device Sync Plugin

BookFusion Cloud Sync Plugin has been updated to now sync any metadata changes made in Calibre. Install Version 0.3.0 and simple check the "Update metadata" box as soon in the screenshot.

Synced:

*Tags
*Description
*Series
*Author
*Other metadata

You can install the new version by going to Preferences--> Get Plugins To Enhance Calibre and simple search for BookFusion.

Last edited by skillachie; 11-11-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:20 AM   #15
skillachie
Addict

* book cover now synced as apart of metadata changes