Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-27-2019, 08:49 AM   #1
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Bluetooth Speaker(s) for Kindle Fire

Any recommendations for a bluetototh speakers for kindle fire? Also are kindle fires capable of having two bluettooth speakers connected at the same time in order to have "stereo" sound?
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:42 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Buy a speaker that has more than one built in. Most BluTooth speakers do work. I use insignia by Best buy. But I seen Lots of others being used at the pool in my gym...seems everyone wants their own music to exercise by. Me I use the gyms built in radio
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2019, 10:20 PM   #3
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Apparently it's not possible to have "true wireless pairing" with the kindle fire 7. I got a Altec Lansing - Baby Boom Portable Bluetooth Speaker for $9.99 at Best Buy and after watching a video stating this device had "true wireless pairing" I went back and got a second one. Unfortunately, the second device did not connect. But at least now I own two bluetooth speakers for under $20.00
Old 02-17-2019, 10:28 PM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
Apparently it's not possible to have "true wireless pairing" with the kindle fire 7. I got a Altec Lansing - Baby Boom Portable Bluetooth Speaker for $9.99 at Best Buy and after watching a video stating this device had "true wireless pairing" I went back and got a second one. Unfortunately, the second device did not connect. But at least now I own two bluetooth speakers for under $20.00
You don’t connect the second speaker to the Fire. You connect it to the first speaker. From the Altec Lansing FAQ:

Quote:
HOW DO I USE TRUE WIRELESS PAIRING?
True Wireless Pairing is used to connect two speakers together. To use True Wireless Pairing:

Power on both speakers
Pair the first speaker with your Bluetooth enabled device
On the paired speaker press the power button and minus button at the same time
Your speaker will go into True Wireless Parent Pairing Mode
On the next speaker, depending on the model either press the power button and the minus button at the same time or the Bluetooth button
This speaker will go into True Wireless Child Pairing mode
The two speakers will automatically pair together after a few seconds
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:46 PM   #5
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
You don’t connect the second speaker to the Fire. You connect it to the first speaker. From the Altec Lansing FAQ:
Thanks, I tried that but unfortunately it didn't work. Still, with one bluetooth speaker connected the sound is so much better than the fire 7's built in speaker.
Advert
Old 11-26-2019, 11:19 AM   #6
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic

Update: Since I have two fire tablets (one black/one blue) and two bluetooth speakers (one red/one black) I got into the habit of turning off whatever device I'm not using to conserve battery life. Well, this morning I forgot to turn off my unused device(s) as usual and when I turned on my red bluetooth speaker I was amazed to hear sound also coming out of my black bluetooth speaker. At first I couldn't figure out what happened and then realized the speakers had paired.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:36 AM   #7
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Update: Since I have two fire tablets (one black/one blue) and two bluetooth speakers (one red/one black) I got into the habit of turning off whatever device I'm not using to conserve battery life. Well, this morning I forgot to turn off my unused device(s) as usual and when I turned on my red bluetooth speaker I was amazed to hear sound also coming out of my black bluetooth speaker. At first I couldn't figure out what happened and then realized the speakers had paired.
Maybe they will have a blue offspring.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:38 PM   #8
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Maybe they will have a blue offspring.
Maybe, both fire tablets are running firmware 5.6.4.0 so I suspect the updated firmware is responsible for the ease the speakers are pairing now.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:38 PM   #9
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Maybe, both fire tablets are running firmware 5.6.4.0 so I suspect the updated firmware is responsible for the ease the speakers are pairing now.
I hardly ever use bluetooth, but it's hard for me to imagine why speakers would pair with each other.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:07 AM   #10
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
if you select say a tv soundbar as the bluetooth receiver, it will then drive all of its speakers
same happens if I select my NAD 2030D hifi amp as the bluetooth receiver. that definitely then drives my speakers in stereo
i agree it seems unrealistic to expect to be able to select 2 x individual speakers and have the tablet auto-decide - ok,I will send stereo, this one can be left and that one can be right.... its much more likely to send the same mono to both. Speakers intended to work directly as a stereo pair should have the needed firmware built in so that one receives and splits the signal , and drives the other
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:23 AM   #11
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
if you select say a tv soundbar as the bluetooth receiver, it will then drive all of its speakers
same happens if I select my NAD 2030D hifi amp as the bluetooth receiver. that definitely then drives my speakers in stereo
i agree it seems unrealistic to expect to be able to select 2 x individual speakers and have the tablet auto-decide - ok,I will send stereo, this one can be left and that one can be right.... its much more likely to send the same mono to both. Speakers intended to work directly as a stereo pair should have the needed firmware built in so that one receives and splits the signal , and drives the other
Apparently, these speakers have "true wireless stereo plus pairing." For a kindle 7 (which has a horrible built in mono speaker) an investment in speakers makes listening to music on this device a much more enjoyable experience.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:48 AM   #12
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
often, even if the device has only a mono speaker, it can output stereo on the 3.5mm headphone jack. but I know less about the bluetooth output capabilities. I would expect stereo to work though.
I remember looking into it for Amazon's ( mono) echo devices and those with audio out do still deliver stereo to that socket
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:04 AM   #13
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Depends on your budget and desires. I like my Anchor Soundcore 2's. In the $30 price range...nice small size for traveling and decent sound for movies and music.

For great sound, not so portable and significantly more money....Harmon Kardon Onyx speakers sound fantastic for about $200. They look very. Ice as well.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote