Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-03-2018, 01:42 PM   #1
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
New Modem - Can't connect

Spectrum provided me with a new modem (faster speed) and CC no longer connects to either iPad. Also two apps that used to connect via browser no longer connect. I can access the modem configuration and change settings but I have no Idea what to look for. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 02:43 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Could is be ports that used to be open with the previous modem/router?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2018, 02:56 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
CC doesn't connect to an iPad. Instead, CC on the iPad connects to the computer running calibre. I assume that is what you meant.

My bet is that the new modem (home wireless router) is enforcing one of
  • Guest mode. This is where one or more of the wireless networks (SSIDs) are prevented from connecting to cabled devices or devices on other wireless networks.
  • Wireless Isolation: this means that a wireless device cannot see any other device on the network, cabled or otherwise.
  • Band blocking: preventing devices from communicating with other devices on a different wireless band (2.4GHz vs 5GHz).
It also could be that the computer running calibre is seeing a new network topology and is blocking connections. On Windows this would probably be evidenced as the "network" not being "home".
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:22 PM   #4
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
CC doesn't connect to an iPad. Instead, CC on the iPad connects to the computer running calibre. I assume that is what you meant.

My bet is that the new modem (home wireless router) is enforcing one of
  • Guest mode. This is where one or more of the wireless networks (SSIDs) are prevented from connecting to cabled devices or devices on other wireless networks.
  • Wireless Isolation: this means that a wireless device cannot see any other device on the network, cabled or otherwise.
  • Band blocking: preventing devices from communicating with other devices on a different wireless band (2.4GHz vs 5GHz).
It also could be that the computer running calibre is seeing a new network topology and is blocking connections. On Windows this would probably be evidenced as the "network" not being "home".
Yes, CC via Calibre.
The modem is 5G but also 2G seems to be available. I connected to the 5G on both computer and iPad. I understand only a fraction of what you suggest may be a problem but I’ll fool around with th settings that seem to apply. Thanks.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote