Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-27-2019, 09:09 PM   #91
miyoyo
miyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Slight update because my weekend is as full as this week was, but I am now able to get syncing working trough a fully controlled proxy that mutates data.

Next up I'll try to see if I can make the reader download any kind of arbitrary data.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ri1Xtja_d.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	175037

Last edited by issybird; 11-21-2019 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Oversize image.
miyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 06:22 PM   #92
tenshu
tenshu began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
Looks like a fun project that I have in my mind too for well 7 years I think.
Maybe it would be easier to document the api with something like Swagger.
tenshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2019, 06:28 AM   #93
miyoyo
miyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy bluemiyoyo can differentiate black from dark navy blue

For anyone still reading, I'm still working on it between bouts of zero motivation.

Here, have a fun fact: The Kobo Desktop App is actually Nickel compiled for x86, so, technically it could be possible to make a "native" kobo emulator, given that one can load nickel.dll properly.

There are also one more "secret" command in the search bar, which I suspect is either a chaos monkey, or just more analytics information, "alex sparling go", which, I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IT DOES, DO NOT USE IT, OR YOU MIGHT PERMANENTLY BRICK YOUR EREADER.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-11-21 121348.png
Views:	259
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	175033  
Old 11-21-2019, 08:25 AM   #94
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyoyo View Post
For anyone still reading, I'm still working on it between bouts of zero motivation.

Here, have a fun fact: The Kobo Desktop App is actually Nickel compiled for x86, so, technically it could be possible to make a "native" kobo emulator, given that one can load nickel.dll properly.
Yes, the desktop app is largely nickel.
Quote:
There are also one more "secret" command in the search bar, which I suspect is either a chaos monkey, or just more analytics information, "alex sparling go", which, I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IT DOES, DO NOT USE IT, OR YOU MIGHT PERMANENTLY BRICK YOUR EREADER.
I've tried that before and couldn't see that it did anything. I'm also pretty sure that Kobo wouldn't leave a command in the firmware that was likely to brick the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:16 PM   #95
miyoyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I've tried that before and couldn't see that it did anything. I'm also pretty sure that Kobo wouldn't leave a command in the firmware that was likely to brick the device.
I'm just saying that because I'm not exactly sure what it does, playing it safe.
Anyway, from the limited analysis I did on the `Sparling` class, it seems to be part of the gesture management of nickel, and it seems to have an associated Sparling Device, no idea what that is.

Anyway, this is probably better suited for the "reversing" thread.
Advert
Old 11-22-2019, 01:52 AM   #96
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyoyo View Post
I'm just saying that because I'm not exactly sure what it does, playing it safe.
Anyway, from the limited analysis I did on the `Sparling` class, it seems to be part of the gesture management of nickel, and it seems to have an associated Sparling Device, no idea what that is.

Anyway, this is probably better suited for the "reversing" thread.
I asked. It randomly generates touch gestures on the screen. You need a number as well for how many touches to generate. So:

Code:
alex sparling 200 go
Sort of fun to watch until you realise you chose to high a number and it isn't talking to you. The developers used it looking for crashes, memory leaks and the like.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:22 AM   #97
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And if anyone cares, according to an old Kobo User Guide, Alex Sparling is (was?) a Kobo engineer.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookstore kobo replace