Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
Drizzt321
Drizzt321 began at the beginning.

Been a while, suggestions for a reader?

As the subject implies, it's been quite a while since I was looking for a reader. I've currently got the Sony PRS-300 which I've been pretty happy with, especially for the size. Storage space limitations don't bother me, it's far more than I need to carry a ton of books around with me.

However, lately it feels like the battery life may be waning a bit, and its CPU takes forever when I first open a book to render/flow everything out, and *deity* help me if I accidentally hit the zoom button, takes forever because I need to go from S->M->L->S again.

Anyway, logically the PRS-350 would be my upgrade device, but is there anything with some faster page turns? The 0.7s doesn't bug me too much, but if there's faster I'll take it. I saw the Bookeen Cybook Opus, which according to the Reader Matrix has a 0.1s page turn mode. Huh? Does this actually work as specified and does it still give me good quality text?
Drizzt321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #2
TCSimpson
Fantasy Author
TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus Tablet
I would say this is a good spot to start.
http://ebook-reader-review.toptenreviews.com
TCSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I suggest waiting to see what comes out later this year. Rumor has it that Sony may be doing a front lit Reader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote