Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 08-04-2013, 01:09 AM   #1
Canadian Cookie
Canadian Cookie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Radio APP

Perhaps someone can help me with this. I've been trying to download a radio app such as Tuninradio but it's not downloading. I'm trying to hook my Arc to my sound system to play international radio. I've also tried to play the CBC station espace.mu on my tablet without success.
Canadian Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Sadly, some things get blocked for the Arc in Google Play, likely because of its lack of a GPS.

espace.mu probably uses Flash, which isn't supported on the Arc, though there are other posts here with the links to download a working version (I'm too lazy to look 'em up for you :P).

If you can find TuneIn Radio from an alternate source it should work perfectly fine (the version from Good E-Reader works great for me, but they are having some severe site problems this weekend, so you might need to wait a few days to get it; I'd direct download, though, as I found their store app to be a complete mess that crashed regularly).
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2013, 04:28 AM   #3
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
I posted this before but it doesn't hurt to do it again. If you also use an android phone and can download the app to it, you can use es file explorer to upload the apk to drop box or such and then download it via drop box to the arc. Some apps are now locked to prevent this but it may help get around the GPS problem.
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:22 AM   #4
Canadian Cookie
Canadian Cookie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
You are a wealth of information dear JD Gumby. It did download it and now can listen to espace musique through TuneIn, thank you. I tried to hook my Arc to my sound system but it is not playing music, i wonder if there is any way of doing this.
Canadian Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote