Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
DarkRose
DarkRose began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Doing a factory reset but...

I'm doing a factory reset on my kindle pretty soon but I'm in the middle of reading book four of Songs of Fire and Ice. Since I didn't get it from amazon I'm assuming I'll lose my page when I put it back on my Kindle via Calibre. Would I just need to enter the precentage that I'm on currently to get back to the page I'm on or would there be another way to find it?

I think I'd probably be better off waiting till I finish the book but figured I'd ask since I'm not sure.
DarkRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Note the location or page number (if the book has them). Then, when you reload the book, you can go to that location or page. If you are sync'ing annotations, etc to Amazon, you should be able to go to last page read, if you sync'ed prior to the factor reset, and sync after you re-register and re-download the book.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #3
mohamedselim
Technophile
mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Xiaomi redmi 5+ ,kindle Voyage etc
I think you better not to enter the percentage as in the large books even 1% equals many pages if you have kindle three open the book in the page you want then hit menu then got down or write the location of book (found near percentage level)in lower screen in external paper then factory reset then return to your location by menu go to location then enter location number
mohamedselim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
DarkRose
DarkRose began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Awesome, Thanks everyone!

I love this forum, everyone here is very helpful and its very quick to get all my questions answered!
DarkRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:59 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamedselim View Post
I think you better not to enter the percentage as in the large books even 1% equals many pages if you have kindle three open the book in the page you want then hit menu then got down or write the location of book (found near percentage level)in lower screen in external paper then factory reset then return to your location by menu go to location then enter location number
Yeah, and 1% isn't consistant either. I mean depending on what font size you are in now compared to what you will be at post reset you could be several pages off from where you think you are going since the larger the font the less you can fit on each page and vice versa.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert