Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
Oliver Frances
Member Retired
Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
Thumbs up Smashwords sitewide promotion!

SUMMER LOVE

Kenny is a young man who meets Pat, a woman in her early thirties, on a summer day. The young makes the woman spring a world of emotions inside. And, through all the affair and some events of his life, Kenny turns into a grown man reasoning all the simple things which are usually overlooked. But, it is Pat who really learns about the essentiality of life.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11424
Use the code SWS50 at checkout
for 50% off during our
site-wide promotion!
(Offer good thru Jul. 31, 2010)
Oliver Frances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please do not post commercial offers to the "News" forum. They will be considered as "spam" and you risk be banned from the board if it happens again.

Thank you.

[Moderator]
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:25 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
And work on how to blurb a novel, Oliver. The note above suggests a book with all the originality, style and appeal of a new line in surgical stockings. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:45 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
And work on how to blurb a novel, Oliver. The note above suggests a book with all the originality, style and appeal of a new line in surgical stockings. Neil

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:24 AM   #5
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
I've just fineshed reading my first eSurgical-Stockings rather tight storyline I thought, and funny enough the eBook is NOT working on my DVT,
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #6
Oliver Frances
Member Retired
Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Oliver Frances knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Request

Quote:
So let me know how you could do it... And, I'll do it, however you should read the book first to talk openly about it...

Thanks for your comment
Old 07-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #7
Oliver Frances
Member Retired

Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
I've just fineshed reading my first eSurgical-Stockings rather tight storyline I thought, and funny enough the eBook is NOT working on my DVT,
Sorry to hear about that my ebook is not working on your DVT, however you can find my ebook on Barnes&Nobles site, Amazon.com, Sony, Apple ...

Thanks
Old 07-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #8
Oliver Frances
Member Retired

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Please do not post commercial offers to the "News" forum. They will be considered as "spam" and you risk be banned from the board if it happens again.

Thank you.

[Moderator]
where I should post any promotion then?
Thanks
Old 07-09-2010, 10:02 AM   #9
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Frances View Post
So let me know how you could do it... And, I'll do it, however you should read the book first to talk openly about it...

Thanks for your comment
Oliver, he was only trying to be helpful. What he was saying is that the blurb you posted is poorly written, which it is. I would never buy a book with such a blurb because my thought would be that an author who can't even produce a well-written blurb, arguably the single most important part of the book, clearly won't have a well-written book.

Neil is right. That blurb is atrocious.

More suggestions -- your book is way overpriced at $3.99. It's only about 12,000 words according to Smashwords, more of a long "short story" and translates to less than a hour of reading time for the typical reader.

-Marcy

Addendum: I suspect based on your Smashwords profile that perhaps English isn't your first language. It would explain the blurb, but it still isn't acceptable. I couldn't write anything at all in a language other than my native one, so I realize how hard this must be. However, if you are going to publish a book/story for an English audience it has to be in proper English. You might need to get someone more fluent than you to help with the translation.

Last edited by Marcy; 07-09-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #10
Oliver Frances
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Oliver, he was only trying to be helpful. What he was saying is that the blurb you posted is poorly written, which it is. I would never buy a book with such a blurb because my thought would be that an author who can't even produce a well-written blurb, arguably the single most important part of the book, clearly won't have a well-written book.

Neil is right. That blurb is atrocious.

More suggestions -- your book is way overpriced at $3.99. It's only about 12,000 words according to Smashwords, more of a long "short story" and translates to less than a hour of reading time for the typical reader.

-Marcy

Addendum: I suspect based on your Smashwords profile that perhaps English isn't your first language. It would explain the blurb, but it still isn't acceptable. I couldn't write anything at all in a language other than my native one, so I realize how hard this must be. However, if you are going to publish a book/story for an English audience it has to be in proper English. You might need to get someone more fluent than you to help with the translation.

Before any judgement about my work, I should tell that the content of the book (the whole story) was revised by english professor, as well as I suggest that you read my another work at Smashwords -which is free on the promotion, and it is The Most Beautiful Woman...

And, I will check out the blurb again
Anyway, thanks

Last edited by Oliver Frances; 07-09-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:40 PM   #11
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Oliver-

I hope you don't mind criticisms. If so, just ignore this post. Again, I'm trying to be helpful, not mean. Plus, I am a bad critiquer. I know that I do or don't like something, but have a hard time saying why. So I'm doing my best to explain what I thought.

I did buy and read The Most Beautiful Woman, since you had it on sale for free. My first suggestion is to make it free always. Charging even 99¢ for a 6 page story is a bit much.

The story itself is fine, but the actual writing has lost a lot in translation. It doesn't really flow well in English and comes across as stilted in places and just awkward at times. And the descriptions don't flow. I think you need a native English speaker to help you, if your English professor isn't one. Growing up in a language is much different than learning it later on.

I admire you for even trying a story in a language other than your native one. I can't even write in my native tongue, forget another one.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
illusion, love, marriage, maturity, youth