Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 05:28 AM   #1
erosco
Enthusiast
erosco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
CES News Wanted!

Come on Robert! We're all hanging out for the new announcements!!

Cheers
erosco
erosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:08 AM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Patience young Jedi, patience. I don't think we'll see Robert for a couple of days, but the time CES finishes and he packs up and gets home.

I'm looking forward to any announcements. I'm eager for a 9.7" (suitable size for Uni) ereader but from what I am reading the plastic substrate screens wont be available for some time on all manufacturers' readers
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Patience young Jedi, patience. I don't think we'll see Robert for a couple of days, but the time CES finishes and he packs up and gets home.

I'm looking forward to any announcements. I'm eager for a 9.7" (suitable size for Uni) ereader but from what I am reading the plastic substrate screens wont be available for some time on all manufacturers' readers
Packing is for apprentices, not Jedi Masters

CES News!
CES News!
CES News!
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
I want to know when Astak will bring the A9 to US and start selling it (and at what price too )
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I sure Robert is working from dawn to dusk (and perhaps longer) at the Astak booth.

However, it is interesting there have been no official press releases even.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 06:52 AM   #6
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Packing is for apprentices, not Jedi Masters
So Robert is a Jedi Master? Well in that case best be careful with the Astak announcements "These are the E-Readers you have been looking for"
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
So Robert is a Jedi Master? Well in that case best be careful with the Astak announcements "These are the E-Readers you have been looking for"
Old 01-11-2010, 11:02 AM   #8
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Well, I guess Astak had nothing to announce at CES, after all. The only news clip I've been able to google about them at CES only mentions the EZ Reader and the PocketPro.

This was disappointing to say the least.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:15 AM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel47 View Post
Well, I guess Astak had nothing to announce at CES, after all. The only news clip I've been able to google about them at CES only mentions the EZ Reader and the PocketPro.

This was disappointing to say the least.
Agreed. Why spend all that time and money to go to CES if you don't have something new to show or announce? I'm sure you could get better bang for your advertising $.

BOb
Old 01-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #10
originkim
originkim began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V5(=EZreader PP)
I miss Robert already!
originkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #11
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Agreed. Why spend all that time and money to go to CES if you don't have something new to show or announce? I'm sure you could get better bang for your advertising $.

BOb
There have been some hints about their new touch screen readers. This link, for instance, has pictures. I think that the reviewers were overwhelmed by all of the different ereaders on display. A prototype from a company they hadn't heard of could easily be overlooked.

You also can't underestimate that value of networking, seeing what the competition is up to, talking with the Jinke reps, and getting your company's name more recognized by the attendees. At least a couple of them had never heard of Astak before and wrote favorable reviews of the PEZ.

It would be nice if there was a detailed press release with pictures though.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:36 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

polly,

I agree with all that... but the way to get noticed at CES is to make some noise. Perhaps Astak was there and showing something new off... but as far as I know there weren't. Engadget and Gizmodo have both reported on Astak stuff before... so they are known to these types of places.

BOb
Old 01-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
I expected a big, noisy announcement and a updated Web page as soon as it hit.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:51 PM   #14
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I expected a big, noisy announcement and a updated Web page as soon as it hit.
Me too!
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #15
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Well here are a couple of pictures of the Astak booth. Astak did not show any 9" devices but is working on some. They did show a new web site for selling books. They had lots of interest in devices and showed a 6" prototype with touch screen, Wifi, and notes. More on that one later. I don't really want to take away for Bob's information when he returns.

Dale
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AstakCES2010.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	43173   Click image for larger version

Name:	AstakCES2010-2.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	43174  
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote