Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-28-2020, 03:46 PM   #1
abdrau26
abdrau26 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Switchtokoreader is not working in nickle

Device:kobo clara hd
I updated nickle software. Now start menu (which contain nickle and koreader option) is not appearing. When i power on the device, it directly goes to nickle.
Also switchtokoreader, poweroff, exit_nicle are not working. Instead image appears when i press any one of these
abdrau26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:52 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
As was said on GitHub, update your launcher. KSM is broken on current FW versions (apparently).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2020, 10:53 PM   #3
abdrau26
abdrau26 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Manual Installation Method based on KFMon

I made backup for my daya.
I restored factory settings for nickle and then installed KFMon
Manual Installation Method.
All instructions have been followed except:
(You'll probably want to prevent Nickel from scanning our custom directories, too (see the note above).
Because I don't know how to run this code on windows.)
After restart, it jumps to nickle. When i click Koreader image,
Only image apperas.
abdrau26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 12:27 PM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
You had KSM installed. Please remove it first doing a full software reset: https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...HD-or-Kobo-Nia

Then setup your kobo.
Then install a new launcher. Please don't choose a method that you don't know how to follow. When in doubt use https://github.com/koreader/koreader...llation-method

The device will reboot itself after the update. After nickel is launched go to your library, locate the KO image and press it.

You'll need to wait a few seconds in the first boot before KFMon is able to launch KOReader using the image (it is a failsafe mechanism to prevent loops).
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote