Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-17-2021, 05:38 AM   #1
AnDB
AnDB began at the beginning.

Device: Macbook pro
macbook pro is removing my calibre - i don't wont that

I installed Calibre on my macbook pro but it is auto remover eatch time i start up my computer.

I have now the version 2.12 this one I can use on my mac.
Iff i install an update he will get the update but the program will not start up. it open's an d it closes directly in 2 sec.

If i shut down my computer al the calibre firures that where on my desktop are gone and i have to reinstall the calibre 2.12

Can some body help me to fix this?
AnDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 03:51 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The first question is why you are trying to install a 6 year old version of calibre instead of a newer version. Last time I looked calibre 2.12 was released in November, 2014.

Why did you download and install that version instead of going to calibre's website and downloading a up to date version?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 03:54 PM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The first question is why you are trying to install a 6 year old version of calibre instead of a newer version. Last time I looked calibre 2.12 was released in November, 2014.

Why did you download and install that version instead of going to calibre's website and downloading a up to date version?
The OP said that a newer version doesn't work on their Mac. I wonder how old the Mac is and what OS version it's running?
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:22 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It must be a very old Mac.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:41 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But I've never heard of OS X removing Calibre before now. I wonder if the AV being used is causing it. That would make much more sense then OS X doing it.

SO my suggestion is to turn off the AV or uninstall it and see if a current version of Calibre works.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookvieuwer, calibre 1.2