Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-23-2020, 05:38 PM   #16
GoodCompany
Connoisseur
GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle E-Reader (basic), Nook Glowlight Plus 3
@ottischwenk Glued? Oh no, no, no. I'm so glad you told me this before ordering. It's funny, I'm so used to reading with a cover, I never think about doing without. I removed the cover from my Nook this morning just to try it out and found it very comfortable. If I want a cover for the Poke, I think I'll just try jerry rigging something like Millimole. And you got the Poke 2 and the 3 -- that's a pretty good recommendation right there! @Pajamaman Thanks for the additional insights/comparisons. Although I might be interested in a larger screen in the future, for everything I'm looking for right now (can read epub as well as Kindle mobis, orange/red light, can use Pocket, donwload directly from library, price range, etc.) this looks like the one!
GoodCompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 01:21 AM   #17
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodCompany View Post
And you got the Poke 2 and the 3 -- that's a pretty good recommendation right there!
Yes I have both and the only difference is the USB port.
In addition, the Poke 3 consumes a little less power in standby (24 hour test) with clock display with minutes (small screen change)
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 04:14 PM   #18
GoodCompany
Connoisseur
GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle E-Reader (basic), Nook Glowlight Plus 3
I ordered mine last night. Arrival in two week. For the record, I probably would have updated to a Kobo Libra H20 if the Kobo bookstore carried all of the books I want. I of course blame Amazon for this as they are the ones who refused to conform to an epub industry standard. I'll still buy from Kobo whenever I can. In the meantime, can't wait to get my Poke.
GoodCompany is offline   Reply With Quote