Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 11-04-2004, 02:18 AM   #16
maceyr
Palm Discoverer
maceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it is

Device: Treo 650 & Zire 71
To Laurens, Sunrise developer.

One thing I am noticing is that some websites like CBS marketwatch or now, Marketwatch.com tends to add a whole bunch of identifiers in the link, so that you get this long url link. And, I think Sunrise tends to truncate it, which, only makes the link unretrievable. So, the majority of the news links that I'd like to read can't be plucked because they have exceed the limit.

Is there any way that you can disable this feature so that Sunrise can just pluck however long the url is? I know that by default that the Plucker desktop does that but I usually disable or uncheck that feature because otherwise, I can't get the links plucked.

Thanks.
Old 11-04-2004, 03:00 AM   #17
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
This is probably due to links being parsed wrong. My first guess is that relative links with "{" and "}" characters may not be handled correctly. Will look into this.

Next time, please e-mail any bug reports to me privately. There's no need to clutter the MobileRead forums with this information. Thanks.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:45 AM   #18
taylor
Enthusiast
taylor began at the beginning.

Device: T|T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by maceyr
Okay, I've installed the Pocket TV Browser but it expires in 21 days. And it's not in tables format either. Can you tell me how to set it up so that I can reference the Zap2it.com listings?

If I have to pay to use this, maybe I'll revert back to using Sunrise and plucking Zap2it myself. Or use RepliGo and print the page to be viewed on my palm.
IIRC, you need to make a donation for the "21 days" thing to go away. You can determine what the software is worth, and pay accordingly... I don't think there is a lower limit... of course, if it is worth $0.00 to you then, you should probably uninstall.

I currently am not using the zap2it listings since I have a subscription to the other service which, last time I checked, provided more info on shows. There is a forum that has posts describing how to get zap2it listings into PTVB. The forum is on doublebit's website.... sorry I'm not more helpful.

You are correct that it doesn't have a grid layout... If you want that, this may not be the solution for you. I like the excellent search features it provides.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:14 AM   #19
maceyr
Palm Discoverer
maceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it is

Device: Treo 650 & Zire 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
This is probably due to links being parsed wrong. My first guess is that relative links with "{" and "}" characters may not be handled correctly. Will look into this.

Next time, please e-mail any bug reports to me privately. There's no need to clutter the MobileRead forums with this information. Thanks.
Sorry about that.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:50 AM   #20
sbkoh
sbkoh began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten T
How do I get Sunrise to perform conversions of documents during hotsync? i was able to do this with jpluck.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:34 AM   #21
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkoh
How do I get Sunrise to perform conversions of documents during hotsync? i was able to do this with jpluck.
Sunrise does not (yet) convert sites during HotSync. I might add this feature in Sunrise 0.4x. No promises though.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:22 PM   #22
micman75
micman75 began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten E
Question for sunrise developer

hey, like to ask a question:

got sunrise and plucker and was able to convert and hotsync a few sites... love it.

however, I tried a second time to hotsync and the first site I hotsync disappeared.

is there a way of keeping previously synced sites on my palmtop andto just keep adding other sites?

Michael
Old 12-12-2006, 03:19 AM   #23
danielbu
danielbu began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten E|2
oops!

Last edited by danielbu; 12-12-2006 at 03:22 AM. Reason: oops - double posting
Old 12-12-2006, 03:21 AM   #24
danielbu
danielbu began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten E|2
Now I know what was going wrong

Thank you so much maceyr - I couldn't for the life of me figure out why SD wasn't working like SXP - I loaded the stub and now it works like a charm.

Laurens - this is a fantastic program and you should win an award! But why, for example, don't the two programs support the same encoding list? SunriseXP is much more comfortable to use, and that stub got installed automatically, whereas in SD it has taken me weeks to figure out how to get the conduit to work... til I read this thread. Please copy it into the readme or make it sticky or something. Many hands - light work!

Happy Winter Holidays - bring lots of light to the darkness - soon the planet will begin tilting back again, and we will enjoy more light (in the northern hemisphere, anyway)...
Old 11-21-2008, 04:07 PM   #25
todama
todama began at the beginning.

Device: palm TX
Let's see if anyone sees this 2 years after the last post. I've been using Sunset for at least two yrs for everything from news articles to coaching documents to resumes of meetings (concerted to HTML with word or wordperfect).
Can I batch convert a folder on my HD to plucker format? I have a series of HTML documents on a specific subject which I would like to load onto my Palm TX. I would like to believe that Sunset could look at the entire folder as though it was a directory in an internet site.