Notices

Old 05-03-2022, 06:38 AM   #1081
takfarinas
takfarinas began at the beginning.

Device: kobo h2o libra
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbase59 View Post
Another (experimental) Update of my DE-DE dictionary. dicthtml-de-de-svg.zip (Wiktionary dump as per 2022-02-02, wordcount=799011). Rename to dicthtml-de-de.zip for Kobos to recognize it as DE-DE.

This uses SVG to display mathematical symbols and formulae better. The screenshots are from a friend’s Kobo Aura HD and my Linux GoldenDict.

There is also a StarDict version.
Hello
where can I find a German arabic dictionary plse
thanks a lot
takfarinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 01:49 PM   #1082
ahmetsosyal
ahmetsosyal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Turkish Dictionaries

French-Turkish
Spanish -Turkish
English-Turkish

Turkish:

Kobo için :
Fransızca- Türkçe Sözlük (Büyük Fransızca Türkçe Sözlük (A.B))
İspanyolca- Türkçe Sözlük (İspanyolca-Türkçe Birleştirilmiş Sözlük )
İngilizce - Türkçe Sözlük ( Mustafa_YILDIZ_s_English_to_Tu)
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-fr-tr.zip (12.81 MB, 87 views)
File Type: zip dicthtml-es-tr.zip (1.17 MB, 74 views)
File Type: zip dicthtml-en-tr.zip (4.67 MB, 95 views)
ahmetsosyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 02:15 PM   #1083
ahmetsosyal

Russian-Turkish

Turkish>

Kobo İçin Sözlük:

Rusça-Türkçe (Russian_Turkish_Dictionary)
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-ru-tr.zip (601.4 KB, 81 views)
Old 05-29-2022, 02:50 PM   #1084
ahmetsosyal

English - Turkish

Turkish>

Kobo İçin Sözlük:
İngilizce-Türkçe (babylon_english_turkish)
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-en-tr.zip (7.39 MB, 98 views)
Old 06-01-2022, 10:05 PM   #1085
allanahk
Connoisseur
allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Does anyone have the Oxford Advanced Learner's dictionary in the right format for kobo? I found it in stardict format but my computer is having issues with penelope so I can't convert it myself
allanahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 02:14 AM   #1086
ahmetsosyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanahk View Post
Does anyone have the Oxford Advanced Learner's dictionary in the right format for kobo? I found it in stardict format but my computer is having issues with penelope so I can't convert it myself
try with https://github.com/ilius/pyglossary#...ion-on-windows
Old 06-12-2022, 09:33 AM   #1087
ahmetsosyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by takfarinas View Post
Hello
where can I find a German arabic dictionary plse
thanks a lot
German-Arabic Dictionary :
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-de-ar.zip (320.3 KB, 64 views)
Old 06-26-2022, 11:54 PM   #1088
allanahk
Connoisseur
allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I managed to get penelope working on my computer and semi-successfully converted the stardict Oxford Advanced Learner's dictionary into kobo zip format. However the dictionary has references to .wav files (see attached pic), presumably for pronunciation, but completely useless on my kobo and it makes the dictionary entry cluttered. Is there some way to remove these, either by editing the initial stardict file or the kobo zip file..?

Zip file attached if anyone wants it

EDIT: I realised I might be breaking some copyright rules by attaching the converted kobo dictionary so I have removed it just in case!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6315.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	702.8 KB
ID:	194572  

Last edited by allanahk; 06-28-2022 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:41 PM   #1089
allanahk
Connoisseur

After my previous post on attempting to edit the Oxford Advanced Learners stardict format - I first tried to edit the .dict file directly but even removing a couple of characters breaks the penelope conversion :O

Instead, I edited the penelope format_stardict.py script directly since I'm much more familiar with python. You can edit the definition variable in the read_single_file() function using regex expressions. I tidied up the extraneous references to .jpg and .wav files, fixed the line and tab spacing etc.

The result is a lovely dictionary (I used to have it on my old kindle in mobi format) that provides a simplified definition for a wide variety of words. I often use it when the default dictionary definition is particularly obtuse, but it's also fantastic for English language learners (as the name would suggest) because it contains a lot of extra info and examples for more common or tricky words. Highly recommend it

I still don't know if I can just post the finished dicthtml.zip file here, but to be safe I'll just say that if you're interested send me a PM
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6322.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	628.8 KB
ID:	194636   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6317.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	597.1 KB
ID:	194637  
Old 06-29-2022, 11:28 AM   #1090
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I still don't know if I can just post the finished dicthtml.zip file here, but to be safe I'll just say that if you're interested send me a PM
In the spirit of open source, would you be willing to share your code changes instead? I could use it to clean up some legacy stardict dictionaries that I have too.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 04:15 PM   #1091
rootsteppa
rootsteppa began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
Greek dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Πάπυρος: Mέγα Λεξικό της Ελληνικής γλώσσας (El-El)
Πλήρες λεξικό της Ελληνικής γλώσσας, Αρχαίας, Μεσαιωνικής και Νέας,
ΕΡΜΗΝΕΥΤΙΚΟ – ΕΤΥΜΟΛΟΓΙΚΟ – ΣΥΝΩΝΥΜΩΝ – ΠΑΡΑΓΩΓΩΝ – ΣΥΝΘΕΤΩΝ
Το πληρέστερο ελληνικό λεξικό, με 204.766 λήμματα
— Θησαυρός όλων των φάσεων εξέλιξης της ελληνικής γλώσσας, αρχαίας, μεσαιωνικής και νέας.
— Πάνω από 204.000 λήμματα, με εξαντλητική ετυμολογική ανάλυση

try
Code:
dicthtml-el.zip:
Your file of 22.58 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 20.00 MB for this filetype.
Download
Is there any possibility of uploading this file again? You would help me so much!!
rootsteppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 06:35 PM   #1092
allanahk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
In the spirit of open source, would you be willing to share your code changes instead? I could use it to clean up some legacy stardict dictionaries that I have too.
Sure, I've attached the modified format_stardict.py from the penelope package, my code additions are from line 217 to 315. Note that these are very specific to the dictionary I was working on, but they can probably be modified to suit other dictionaries or at least give some ideas.

The code modifies the dictionary entry once it's imported from the .dict file and uses regex expressions to remove excess colour tags and indents etc. When testing it out I used the following websites to help:

HTML formatting viewer to view the outputted text style without having to go through the process of importing the dictionary on to the kobo

Regex tester for figuring out the complicated regex expressions (very useful)

Hope this helps!
Attached Files
File Type: py format_stardict.py (24.5 KB, 75 views)
Old 07-02-2022, 11:16 AM   #1093
Geert
Geert has a spectacular aura aboutGeert has a spectacular aura aboutGeert has a spectacular aura aboutGeert has a spectacular aura aboutGeert has a spectacular aura aboutGeert has a spectacular aura aboutGeert has a spectacular aura aboutGeert has a spectacular aura aboutGeert has a spectacular aura aboutGeert has a spectacular aura aboutGeert has a spectacular aura about

Device: kobo sage
I converted the stardict ru-en dictionary (stardict-comn_sdict05_rus_eng_full-2.4.2) containing 372,553. See attachment
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-ru-en.zip (14.30 MB, 126 views)
Geert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 01:26 AM   #1094
allanahk
Connoisseur

I've been having some fun playing around tidying up dictionary formats with python, specifically with the wonderfully comprehensive Webster's Unabridged 1913 dictionary linked in this thread. I've mainly added spacing and line breaks to make it (IMO) much more readable. I've attached 2 screenshots of the original and edited dictionary to show what I mean.

Anyway, if anyone else would like to try it out I have attached the kobo zip file here
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Original.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	908.5 KB
ID:	194733   Click image for larger version

Name:	Edited.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	872.5 KB
ID:	194734  
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-Websters.zip (11.83 MB, 117 views)

Last edited by allanahk; 07-05-2022 at 06:27 PM. Reason: update file
Old 07-05-2022, 05:47 PM   #1095
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
I've been having some fun playing around tidying up dictionary formats with python, specifically with the wonderfully comprehensive Webster's Unabridged 1913 dictionary linked in this thread. I've mainly added spacing and line breaks to make it (IMO) much more readable. I've attached 2 screenshots of the original and edited dictionary to show what I mean.

Anyway, if anyone else would like to try it out I have attached the kobo zip file here
Thank you (belated).

EDIT: What changed?

Last edited by Skydog; 07-05-2022 at 10:16 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo dictionaries