Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-04-2022, 03:41 PM   #1
Norbi24
Connoisseur
Norbi24 doesn't litterNorbi24 doesn't litter

Device: Tolino Vision HD4, BOOX Poke2
Ext dictionary app picker always shows app selection dialogue since koreader 2021.06

I am using this excellent function implemented here by @Pazos for Android devices:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/5664
which makes it possible to use virtually any installed external dictionary app on Android, given it supports curresponding intent.

For this I use the following dictionaries.lua file in the koreader folder which overrides the default one:

return {
{ "Send", "Choose Dict by App picker (send action)", true, nil, "send"
},
{ "Search", "Choose Dict by App picker (search action)", true, nil, "search"
},
{ "TextProcessing", "Choose Dict by App picker (text processing action)",
true, nil, "text"
},
}

Up to version 2021.05, a word selection in koreader showed the app selection dlg where I could select the dict app and mark it as "use always" (and thus each word selection afterwards opens the dictionary immediately), but starting with 2021.06 it shows a different app selection dlg where "use always" option is mising and thus after each word selection I need to select the dict app in the dialogue ... and the same happens also in the latest stable 2022.05. Something must have happened between 2021.05 and 2021.06 which worsens this functionality ...

Please see attached screenshots to see both app picker dialogues.
Would it be possible to revert this functin back as it was in up to 2021.05 ?

Many thanks, Norbert
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	appPickedNoUseAlwaysOption.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	194132   Click image for larger version

Name:	appPickedWithUseAlwaysOption.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	194133  
Norbi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 09:05 AM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Hi, Norbi24

As far as I know nothing changed in more than a year. No idea how the changes you see are enforced.

But looking at the code I see we don't follow the best practices in https://developer.android.com/traini...ntent-resolver

Mostly the part where it says: don't call Intent.createChooser(), which we're doing since the beginning: https://github.com/koreader/android-...nsions.kt#L328

oops

Please open a bug in github so we can track the issue.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 04:12 AM   #3
Norbi24
Connoisseur
Norbi24 doesn't litterNorbi24 doesn't litter

Device: Tolino Vision HD4, BOOX Poke2
Hola Pazos,

I have just created an issue:

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/9178

Muchas gracias
Norbi24 is offline   Reply With Quote