Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 02-17-2021, 12:54 AM   #1
withbellson
withbellson began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Jump to location of annotation?

I grew fed up with Apple Books app's behavior of constantly deleting books from my phone, so I've finally moved over to Marvin 3.

However. One important thing I do with my ebooks is highlight typos and formatting problems so I can correct them in the original epub files. In the Books app, you can access a single screen for each book's highlights and tap on them one at a time to jump to each one. This is important for figuring out the context of the errors and finding them in sigil. But in Marvin...um, is there a way to jump to the location of each annotation? I didn't realize the journal entries weren't also links.

Am I doomed to page through my books one page at a time to find the highlights?
withbellson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 06:20 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
One of my biggest wishes for Marvin is to be able to edit the book as I read, then download that corrected ePub back to my library...alas...it's not to be...

However, all you need to do is:
- Tap on Contents at the top-left border
- Select Annotations at the bottom-center border

That will give a linkable list of all your highlights!

Cheers,
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 08:29 PM   #3
withbellson
withbellson began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
OH THERE. Thank you! There are a lot of hidden little tabs and buttons in Marvin and I hadn't noticed that one yet.

And heck yeah, I would *love* the ability to replace the underlying book and keep the metadata. Now all of the books I update will need to be recategorized and have the metadata fixed again.
withbellson is offline   Reply With Quote