Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-13-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
*Enhanced* Webster's Dictionary 1913 (ver. 2.1)

You know what would be nice if we could take the epub version of Webster's Dictionary 1913 (ver. 2.1) that someone here on this website keeps updating. And turn that into the .dic format that would run on our PB360's.

Anyway to do this? Quite a few words have been added. Would enhance the PB360 quite a bit.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hlight=webster

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 04-13-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Link fixed. Sorry.

I use this dictionary (I have it in Calibre) so its uploaded to my PB360 but as an epub ebook. So its useful. But I would love to use it as the PB360 built in dictionary. And I have no idea how to do this (yet at least). But I was hoping someone here has the knowledge to convert it.
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
You know what would be nice if we could take the epub version of Webster's Dictionary 1913 (ver. 2.1) that someone here on this website keeps updating.
That would be me.

Do you know where I can find the particulars of the .dic format used by the PocketBook? Any pointers, examples, links?

I wouldn't mind converting the Webster's Dictionary 1913 (ver. 2.1) if it isn't too involved. Since the source of the dictionary I converted to .epub is plain .html, I think it's doable.

Who knows, it might even come in handy for when the PocketBook 901 is released (if I get one, that is)...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:30 AM   #4
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

http://www.pocketbookreader.com/Downloads.html

Dictionary Converter

Would this help?
Old 04-15-2010, 01:08 PM   #5
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
http://www.pocketbookreader.com/Downloads.html

Dictionary Converter

Would this help?
That converter has no documentation (in English) about the .dic format that the .txt file needs to be in. I first need to convert my .html source file into the required .dic format text file to use that program.

However, I see from this post that it appears the converter program will take, as input, a text file in the XDXF dictionary format.

Now time to read up on that XDXF format...
Advert
Old 04-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #6
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
That converter has no documentation (in English) about the .dic format that the .txt file needs to be in. I first need to convert my .html source file into the required .dic format text file to use that program.

However, I see from this post that it appears the converter program will take, as input, a text file in the XDXF dictionary format.

Regarding the converter you know as much as me then lol. I only just got my PB360 a few days ago (Monday matter of fact). I think most the tweaking and development and information is being done on some Russian site (or Ukrainian). And Google translate only does so much. You can pick up the theme of a thread from Google translation but if you are dealing with technical and tweaking issues the bad translation makes it nearly impossible.

I know nothing about XDXF lol. I hope you do. I think having this dictionary with all that has been added to it as a built in dictionary on the PB360 would be the cats meow.

Cheers. And good luck (yes I know its a selfish good luck lol).
Old 04-16-2010, 12:03 AM   #7
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
There is already a copy of the Webster's 1913 Dictionary here -->
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...920#post654920

Were you looking for an updated version?
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:09 AM   #8
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
There is already a copy of the Webster's 1913 Dictionary here -->
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...920#post654920

Were you looking for an updated version?
Yes.

I said in my first post that it was a enhanced version.

I really hope nrapallo can pull off the conversion so we can use this on the PB360.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 04-18-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:29 AM   #9
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post

Hi Nick.

I will try to get more info on the XDXf format. Another method of getting this enhanced version on the road would be if I could receive it in html format and then I could get it converted by one of the GfKs.

Additional info: There will be a multilingual version of a Lingvo dictionary available from Abbyy pretty soon.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:41 PM   #10
nrapallo

Quote:
And from what I have read of this enhanced version it has over 100,000+ words added.
The entire Webster's Dictionary 1913 has, in total, only 110,875 words including the 15,095 newly added words (relating to the 1913 era). The original poster of the source html (The K-Dawg) thought there were 125,970 words, but he double counted those newly added words.

Quote:
I really hope nrapallo can pull off the conversion so we can use this on the PB360.
I'll try!
Old 04-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #11
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Hi Nick.

I will try to get more info on the XDXf format. Another method of getting this enhanced version on the road would be if I could receive it in html format and then I could get it converted by one of the GfKs.
Thanks, I already found a website with the details of the XDXF dictionary format and what is required to easily convert to it here. Our own Mobileread wiki has some great info on this as well here. I'll see what I can come up with.

In the meantime, I will also send you the source html via email to your huberty (dot) net account I have from you.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:26 AM   #12
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
This dictionary is available for download from www.pocketbookreader.com, in the Support section. Already converted to PocketBook format...
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:06 AM   #13
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
This dictionary is available for download from www.pocketbookreader.com, in the Support section. Already converted to PocketBook format...
Is that nick's version?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:13 AM   #14
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Thats not the version we are talking about. We are talking about enhanced updated version.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #15
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that's confused. I thought the version was just formatting changes.

Just a thought, It's not really the Webster's 1913 Edition if words have been added to it. Maybe we should have a contest to rename it.

nrapallo 2010 Edition

Webster's 1913ish Edition

Nick's Dict
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote