Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 08:15 AM   #1
thecyberphotog
thecyberphotog began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS300
Canadian content for Sony eReader

Hi,

Just purchased Sony eReader PRS300. Just wondering what sites Canadians can go to to get books. I am mainly interested in new releases/newspapers.

Thanks and I look forward to your reply.

...B
thecyberphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:11 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecyberphotog View Post
Hi,

Just purchased Sony eReader PRS300. Just wondering what sites Canadians can go to to get books. I am mainly interested in new releases/newspapers.

Thanks and I look forward to your reply.

...B
Oops, you posted this in the Kindle forum. Maybe a nice mod will move it for you.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
thecyberphotog
thecyberphotog began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS300
Can Canadians Kindle owners download books for Kindle from American Amazon site?

I apologize for putting this in wrong forum. My bad.

However, then let me pose the question. Can Canadians Kindle owners download books for Kindle from American Amazon site? Will the downloads work on Canadian Kindle?
thecyberphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #4
gregwym
咳嗽di小鱼(flying@fish~ ~)
gregwym began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
http://sonysearch.overdrive.com/
this is a library finder. it support canadian library recently.
e.g.toronto public library

for the news, u may can make ur own epub doc from rss resources
gregwym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:40 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecyberphotog View Post
I apologize for putting this in wrong forum. My bad.

However, then let me pose the question. Can Canadians Kindle owners download books for Kindle from American Amazon site? Will the downloads work on Canadian Kindle?
Technically, there is no such thing as a "Canadian Kindle". It's just the Kindle International and the no longer available Kindle U.S. Kindle books purchased from the Amazon store will work on all Kindles, Kindle for iPhone/iPod and Kindle for PC apps.

Kindle International users in Canada are supposed to purchase their books from the Canadian arm of the Kindle store. The Kindle store for Canada has fewer titles than the U.S. store but it's very easy to change your country to the U.S. to have access to more books BUT it will cost $2.00 more to order a book from the U.S. store.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 10:07 PM   #6
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
On topic I use fictionwise and booksonboard mostly.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:01 PM   #7
guizzy
guizzy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition (PRS-300)
Most online ebook stores will gladly sell to Canadians. I've gotten books from Fictionwise, Booksonboard, Shortcovers and eBooks.com without any issue.

If you're interested in French language books, you might be interested in hearing that Archambault has recently open an (ePub) ebook store: Jelis.ca. Their catalogue is rather small now, but they're only just starting...

If you want an english language ebook store store for "Canadian Content", however, I don't think I've seen any of that yet (but I have to admit I haven't really looked).
guizzy is offline   Reply With Quote