Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 03:00 AM   #61
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
The big problem, is that the Opus is not the same device as the PB 360 there will be things that will not work
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:24 AM   #62
1drey
1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold

Device: Sony PRS-505 PB360 Opus Sony PRS-350
I have both PB360 and Opus, the latter bought just yesterday as a gift fo my wife.

Chose Opus because I really hate the look and feel of PB360.

But I have to admit that PB360's software is much better in the terms of usability. I don't speak about useless games and notes, I speak about vital functions - making bookmarks and dictionaries.

I also failed to find on Opus how it is possible to travel through the references or hyperlinks in the text. Is it possible at all?
1drey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 10:34 AM   #63
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
But I have to admit that PB360's software is much better in the terms of usability. I don't speak about useless games and notes, I speak about vital functions - making bookmarks and dictionaries.
Well, note would be more usefull to me.

I never realy feel for the lack of dictionary or bookmark.
My first reaction with PB360 was : how the hell does that work .
Get along nicely one you have it figured out.
Does better than opus on some point (some ergnomics, multiple level TOC)
But have other problems (ade page numbers making a nuisance of themself, finding a book is a mess)
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #64
1drey
1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold

Device: Sony PRS-505 PB360 Opus Sony PRS-350
Under notes I meant an opportunity to 'dial' short texts, sorry for the misuse of the term.

Notes - copying of small parts of text is another great PB's feature, agree.

I often read texts in English to practice in language - that's where dictionary is really useful.

Back to the theme on this thread - is there a chance to have PB360 firmware to be ported on Opus?
1drey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #65
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1drey View Post
Back to the theme on this thread - is there a chance to have PB360 firmware to be ported on Opus?
Has already been answered - no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Does better than opus on some point (some ergnomics, multiple level TOC)...
I have at least one ebook with 2-level-TOC displaying just fine on my Gen3.
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #66
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Frain_K View Post
Has already been answered - no.I have at least one ebook with 2-level-TOC displaying just fine on my Gen3.
With ePub ?
Books itself display ok, TOC don't.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
opus, pocketbook 360