Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-12-2009, 03:36 AM   #1
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Converting to mobi

I was not sure if this should go here or the mobi section... so I chose this one since I am using Calibre to convert...
__________________________________________________ ________________

I think I have LRFT tools somewhat figured out... and by that I mean that I can convert and LRF into the other supported formats.

I took an LRF and converted it to HTLM, edited the HTML in word to get it lined up right, and then put it into Calibre to convert into mobi.
Sound simple enough... and conversion looks fine using the Calibre viewer.

When I put the file into my K2 that is where the problems start. Instead of having my TOC with their links to the different chapters, each link has its own page and I cant figure out why.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
what do you mean by page of its own?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 11:07 PM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Say the book starts of like this on the LRF:
On one screen you will have:
Book title
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
... and so on until you get to the bottom of the screen

I convert to HTML and then into mobi and I get:
Fisrt screen says Book Totle
Second : Chapter 1
Third: Chapter 2
Fourth: Chapter 3

On the plus side, I converted the LRFs to EPUB and then to MOBI and it seems to work out just fine
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:14 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
just change the chapter detection setting or turn off chapter detection.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote