Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-07-2016, 11:13 AM   #1
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
Voyage back buttons not always working

The back page press buttons seem to stop working after a while necessitating a reboot. I am on firmware 5.8.1 and NiLuJe's 8/1 updates for python, screensaver, font hacks. Not sure if this is a software or hardware issue. Anyone know? I have just noticed this behavior recently (last 2 or 3 weeks). It works fine after a reboot.
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:15 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Those should not interfere with the buttons.

Try updating to 5.8.2 and see if Amazon fixed the problem.
(The 'works fine after reboot' indicates they have/had a firmware problem.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2016, 07:24 PM   #3
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Those should not interfere with the buttons.

Try updating to 5.8.2 and see if Amazon fixed the problem.
(The 'works fine after reboot' indicates they have/had a firmware problem.)
Updated. Will see how it goes over the next few days. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:06 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Where (meaning in which app/context)?

There's a known (mysterious) issue like that mentioned on github with KOReader, FWIW (buttons going kaput after a suspend session).

Other than that, that'd be news to me, but then I don't have a Voyage .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:39 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Where (meaning in which app/context)?

There's a known (mysterious) issue like that mentioned on github with KOReader, FWIW (buttons going kaput after a suspend session).

Other than that, that'd be news to me, but then I don't have a Voyage .
Well, then that sort of makes it certain then that it is a Lab126 error.

Those buttons need a Lab126 kernel driver and they messed up the 'entering suspend' and 'exiting suspend' cases in the driver.

Hmm....
I see to recall seeing warnings in the dmesg file about some of their drivers "taking an excess amount of time" to suspend and wake-up.
(kernel 3.x versions just spit out a warning and do the process anyway - screw the hardware if it isn't ready)

= = = = =

And if the O.P. has the screensaver 'last' option set, they would not get any indication that the device had gone to sleep.

Last edited by knc1; 08-09-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Advert
Old 08-10-2016, 09:07 PM   #6
Waitingforatrain
Groupie

Yes I did have last option set. I haven't had the issue crop up again since installing 5.8.2.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2016, 09:40 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitingforatrain View Post
Yes I did have last option set. I haven't had the issue crop up again since installing 5.8.2.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Super! (en_IBM)
A good chance that they fixed the problem then.