Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-10-2014, 06:31 PM   #1
doced
doced began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Library sort

Hello,

After installing the latest update, the library list changed to show book titles, in reverse alphabetical order, (beginning with Z, ending with A), rather than listing by author's name, last, first, alphabetically, (beginning with A, ending with Z). Multiple attempts to restore the library to its prior format have failed, that is, no change at all in how it's currently formatted. The sort will not even respond to input intended to restore defaults.

I love Calibre, have used it for several years, with never a problem, until now.

If someone can help with step-by-step instructions to remedy the unwanted condition, I am most eager to learn it.

Thank you all for your attention.

doced
doced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by doced View Post
Hello,

After installing the latest update, the library list changed to show book titles, in reverse alphabetical order, (beginning with Z, ending with A), rather than listing by author's name, last, first, alphabetically, (beginning with A, ending with Z). Multiple attempts to restore the library to its prior format have failed, that is, no change at all in how it's currently formatted. The sort will not even respond to input intended to restore defaults.

I love Calibre, have used it for several years, with never a problem, until now.

If someone can help with step-by-step instructions to remedy the unwanted condition, I am most eager to learn it.

Thank you all for your attention.

doced
Click a column header to sort on that column. Click it again to reverse the order.

This is the same action you get in windows explorer if you show in list or details mode
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #3
doced
doced began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Thank you is simply inadequate. It cannot, for example, illustrate the relief and satisfaction enjoyed after applying such a straightforward corrective method, one I did not find, obviously, in my own searches for same. Your prompt and directly informative reply is most appreciated, and welcome.
doced is offline   Reply With Quote