Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
[Off-Topic] Music Videos

Yeah, this thread is totally off-topic. But hey, we all need a little bit of distraction at times

Everybody is welcome to post whatever music video they currently have on their mind.

Just to keep this thread interesting, instead of it being a mere youtube playlist:
  • post a short note about what made you think of that video, or why you posted it. Any reason will do
  • post the song's artist and title, and, if possible, a link to the lyrics (just because that's interesting... you know, open source and all )
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, I'll just start:

Michael Jackson - Bad : because only the King of Pop can ever be at the top of any list.

Last edited by ixtab; 10-14-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Advert
Old 10-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #3
ixtab
(offline)

Slipknot - Disasterpiece

Uhhhhm... because I didn't dare to post this as the very first video in this thread
... and because that's what looking for a jailbreak for the PW2 feels like.

much, MUCH more... well actually, the entire ... thing:

Last edited by ixtab; 10-14-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Re finding a JB...

https://soundcloud.com/nistrum/i-can-dream

@Ixtab...

actually... that "synth" is guitar IIRC

err. yep. that sounds like me playing guitar right there.

Last edited by twobob; 10-14-2013 at 10:16 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #5
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini

Because of bugs :-P And I really like Harry Tuttle.

Spoiler:
Brazil, where hearts were entertaining June
We stood beneath an amber moon
And softly murmured "Someday soon"
We kissed and clung together

Then, tomorrow was another day
The morning found me miles away
With still a million things to say
Now, when twilight dims the sky above
Recalling thrills of our love
There's one thing I'm certain of
Return I will to old Brazil

Then, tomorrow was another day
The morning found me miles away
With still a million things to say
Now, when twilight dims the sky above
Recalling thrills of our love
There's one thing that I'm certain of
Return I will to old Brazil
That old Brazil
Man, it's old in Brazil
Brazil, Brazil

Last edited by twobob; 10-14-2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: lyrics for ye
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Another commentary on Jailbreaking Kindles:

knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #7
ixtab
(offline)

Guns N' Roses - Patience
Old 10-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But your lead post makes him looks so old:

Old 10-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #9
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
But your lead post makes him looks so old:
Yup... bad luck.

I happened to be in the US (attending a conference in L.A.) right after MJ's death/before his funeral. I had 1 week of holidays before the conference, so I did LA/SF/Yosemite/Death Valley/LV/Grand Canyon/AZ/LA in those 7 days. And the best part: I rented a Ford Mustang Convertible for the trip. You know, that "you only get that opportunity once in a lifetime, so do it" thing. Yeeehaaaaaaaa! (Yes, I absolutely loved it!)

Not knowing that gas prices can hugely vary (they don't vary nearly that much over here in Europe), I had to fuel up in what has to be the most expensive gas station in the entire U.S.: "Big Sur". Duh. So I got my gas there. But then the guy was all enthusiastic about me listening to a radio (which I did, I think it's called "Sirius", it came with the car and I never even gave a second thought to it before he mentioned it). So I got to appreciate that radio a lot more afterwards (but I still only switched between the "rock" and "metal" channels)... Anyway, here's my favorite "somewhere in Southwest U.S. - summer of 2009" rock song - I actually still like it, but I guess its success was kinda limited...

Last edited by ixtab; 10-14-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #10
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Soviet patriotic songs are mostly encouraging and energetic. Even maybe... you know... magic sometimes.

It's "И вновь продолжается бой" / "The battle is going on again" song by Aleksandra Pakhmutova and Nikolai Dobronravov (performed at 1976 by Leonid Smetannikov and Moscow Youth and Students Chorus).

If you understand Russian language, just don't pay attention to mentions of Lenin and October, I don't promote any ideology here.

Lyrics (look below for video with English translation):
Spoiler:
Неба утреннего стяг,
В жизни важен первый шаг.
Слышишь: реют над страною
Ветры яростных атак!

Припев:
И вновь продолжается бой,
И сердцу тревожно в груди.
И Ленин такой молодой,
И юный Октябрь впереди!

С неба милостей не жди!
Жизнь для правды не щади.
Нам, ребята, в этой жизни
Только с правдой по пути!

Припев

Весть летит во все концы:
Вы поверьте нам, отцы, -
Будут новые победы,
Встанут новые бойцы!

Припев

В мире - зной и снегопад.
Мир и беден, и богат.
С нами юность всей планеты -
Наш всемирный стройотряд!

Припев

Song with english lyrics on screen (can't comment anything on translation's quality):
Spoiler:
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #11
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

just need one little hole...

Spoiler:
In my eyes,
Indisposed,
In disguise
As no one knows.
Hides the face,
Lies the snake,
And the sun
In my disgrace.
Boiling heat,
Summer stench.
'Neath the black
The sky looks dead.
Call my name
Through the cream,
And I'll hear you
Scream again.

Black hole sun,
Won't you come
And wash away the rain?
Black hole sun,
Won't you come?
Won't you come?
Won't you come?

Stuttering,
Cold and damp,
Steal the warm wind
Tired friend.
Times are gone
For honest men
And sometimes,
Far too long
For snakes.

In my shoes,
A walking sleep,
And my youth
I pray to keep.
Heaven send Hell away,
No one
Sings like you anymore.

Black hole sun,
Won't you come
And wash away the rain?
Black hole sun,
Won't you come?
Won't you come?
(Repeat)

Black hole sun
Black hole sun
Won't you come?
(Repeat x3)

Black hole sun
Black hole sun

Hang my head,
Drown my fear,
Till you all just
Disappear...

Black hole sun,
Won't you come
And wash away the rain?
Black hole sun,
Won't you come?
Won't you come?
(Repeat x2)

Black hole sun,
Black hole sun,
Won't you come?
(Repeat x6)
Old 10-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #12
knc1
Going Viral

Perhaps I was too obscure in my first post.
To expect that readers would naturally substitute "Jailbreak" for the word "Love" in that musical commentary.

There exists a 'war' between the owners of devices (not just Kindles) and their distributors over who owns the 'behavior and control' of the device after sale.

There wouldn't be this forum if there wasn't a vast difference of opinion.

Having lived through the popularity of anti-war music, I know there is a tremendous number of examples to choose from . . . .

So this time, I will 'spoiler' the explanation.
Spoiler:

Valley people: Amazon, Mountain people: MR developers

Old 10-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #13
twobob

Cos.. well yeah... this is how full our pockets are

Spoiler:
My pocket's empty baby
Singing the blues for you
My pocket's empty baby
You know I love the truth?
Even my old kettle
Is whistling the blues for you

Back again
I'm still waitin'
Back again
With you

The nights are lonely baby
I need you all the time
I am lonely baby
Need your lips on mine
Even my old kettle

Back again
I'm still waitin'
I'm goin' back again
With you

My pocket's empty baby
Singing the blues for you
My pocket's empty baby
You know I love the truth
Even my old kettle

Back again
I'm still waitin'
I'm goin' back again
With you

Last edited by twobob; 10-14-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #14
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Catchy pop song with simple on stage video could be hypnotising.

It's "Satellite" performed by Lena on Eurovision Song Contest 2010.

I don't know why, but I was thrilled by her semi-random dance-like moves. Especially mesmerizing for me was that short part right after the first chorus when camera flies around her and she was smiling and trying to fly up (starting from 0:50 on video below).

Lyrics (also included in video as subtitles):
Spoiler:
I went everywhere for you
I even did my hair for you
I bought new underwear, they're blue
And I wore 'em just the other day

Love, you know I'll fight for you
I left on the porch light for you
Whether you are sweet or cruel
I'm gonna love you either way

Love, oh, love, I gotta tell you how I feel about you
'Cause I, oh, I can't go a minute without your love
Like a satellite, I'm in an orbit all the way around you
And I would fall out into the night
Can't go a minute without your love

Love, I got it bad for you
I saved the best I have for you
You sometimes make me sad and blue
Wouldn't have it any other way

Love, my aim is straight and true
Cupid's arrow is just for you
I even painted my toe nails for you
I did it just the other day

Like a satellite I'm in an orbit all the way around you
Can't go a minute without your love
Oh, love, I gotta tell you how I feel about you

Where you go, I'll follow
You set the pace, we'll take it fast and slow
I'll follow in your way,
You got me, you got me
A force more powerful than gravity
It's physics, there's no escape

Love, my aim is straight and true
Cupid's arrow is just for you
I even painted my toe nails for you
I did it just the other day

Like a satellite I'm in orbit all the way around you
Can't go a minute without your
Love, love, love, love, love

eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:50 PM   #15
twobob

although a really big hole would be nice...