Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Kobo Glo fonts compared to Kobo Touch

As shipped, the Kobo Touch has seven fonts
(asterisk marks those also found on the Kobo Glo):

Amasis*
Avenir*
Delima
Felbridge
Georgia*
Gill Sans
Rockwell (similar to Kobo Nickel on Glo)

======

As shipped, the Kobo Glo has ten fonts
(asterisk marks those also found on the Kobo Touch):

Amasis*
Avenir*
Caecilia (the default font on Kindles)
Georgia
Gill Sans*
Gothic MB101
Kobo Nickel (similar to Rockwell on Touch)
Malabar
OpenDyslexic
Ryumin

Last edited by RobertJSawyer; 10-10-2012 at 03:04 PM.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Shipped fonts matter little, if the fonts change on every firmware update. I say "if" because I am unclear as to whether updates remove existing fonts. I seem to remember people saying they do.

After a 2.1.4 update touch, does the glo end up with the same fonts as the touch? After 2.1.4 update my Touch now has

Amasis
Avenir
Georgia
Gill Sans
Rockwell
Gothic MB101
Ryumin

(i.e. a different seven fonts to those you listed)
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
After a 2.1.4 update touch, does the glo end up with the same fonts as the touch? After 2.1.4 update my Touch now has

Amasis
Avenir
Georgia
Gill Sans
Rockwell
Gothic MB101
Ryumin
Shortly after the Glo and Mini where announced, Kobo said the Touch would get all the updates that these got including the fonts. Unfortunately, they have since found they cannot do this. Space somewhere on the Touch was the reason given. They have decided that not updating the fonts was the best choice. But, I think the Touch will see all the other changes.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:10 AM   #4
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
on the Glo, I have noticed something "funny" : if I choose a font in the font menu, I have all the fonts listed above for the Glo, if I go into "advanced" parameters, then I miss
  • Gothic MB101
  • Ryumin
  • OpenDyslexic

In first intention, I came here to "complaint" about the fonts I was stolen of but it just seems that thoose fonts can't be adjusted like the others...

Last edited by vice-versa; 10-11-2012 at 12:13 AM.
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote