Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Collections and paperwhite

I have the kindle touch, and recently i restored it back to factory settings and then assigned it to my account again, almost all my collections were gone, and those that were there were empty. I had to re do them all. Is there a way to sync to amazon so that when my paperwhite arrives I can sign in and itll download my collections organized? Or am I going to have to redo them all again?
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

You can import Collections from another Kindle device, at least you could with the Touch. So set the Touch up as you want the KPW to be. If I remember correctly, you have to first import all the books into the new Kindle, then import the Collections from the other Kindle.

If you don't import/load all the books first, the Collections will import empty. But if you import/load the books first, they will be placed in the Collections you import from the other Kindle.
Advert
Old 09-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

From the Amazon website:

Quote:
To import a collection from another Kindle:
  1. Select "Archived Items" from the Kindle Home screen.
  2. Select "Add Other Device Collections" from the Archived Items page.
  3. Select the desired collection to import and select "ok" to confirm.

Note: Importing a collection from another device does not import the books or other items to your Kindle if they aren't downloaded already. However, books already on your Kindle that are associated with a collection will automatically appear under that collection name on your Home screen.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Thanks!
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote