Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #106
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
In The Garden of Temptation by Cynthia Wicklund is currently Free on Amazon
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #107
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Yes, but my point is that publishers or authors could CHOSE to tie it to the ISBN which could move. The ASIN is just a number. Sure they have to track this stuff, but they don't have to change the title and other info that makes it confusing to the end reader. I don't follow that publisher, but it seems like they are deliberately repackaging the book in such a way that it makes it harder to track it's print history (you may have read it way back when and still own it) and any e-book history it had. I know publishers like to redo covers as they often have a certain look they are going for, but title? Unless it's a horrid title, that just makes things confusing.
They can choose to use the ISBN, if they have rights to it (or just use it anyway, as some authors do, when sticking in backlist linked to old paper editions).

However, at Amazon, they still have to have different ASIN's. Thus, there must be two editions (even if both use the same ISBN) and you don't get updates from one to the other.

Most publishers then require the author to remove the self-pub edition from Amazon, anyway.

Often covers must change, as well - the self-pubbed edition only had rights from the author for a specific edition or editions published by the author. Once a publisher is in place, they either have to buy the rights to the cover or create a new one (which they may do, anyway, if the original cover either wasn't very good or didn't fit what sells in the marketplace).

It all does lead to confusion (but not as bad as some authors, whom I have seen adding one edition after another of their books (presumably as they fix formatting issues), removing the old ones as they go. Maybe they are doing it to purposely mislead readers and try to improve sales (not a good plan, btw), but I think some of them are just ignorant of the process to replace their existing editions. Then again, if you get a flurry of bad formatting reviews, they may be trying to dump those with the new edition.

I can't see much reason to change the title, though (especially with most self-pubs), even on different editions for different countries (at least, not anymore).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #108
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
A few new iTunes freebies and their Amazon links for price-reporting...

Capture The Night by Geralyn Dawson (iTunes / Amazon) --DRM free

An Unlikely Alliance by Rachel Van Dyken iTunes / Amazon) --DRM free

And this one from the other day is the only one not adjusted:
Texas Outlaw by Adrienne deWolfe (iTunes / Amazon)

Last edited by pisceschick; 08-09-2012 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Updated to add DRM status
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #109
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceschick View Post
A few new iTunes freebies and their Amazon links for price-reporting...
Reported! I keep reporting the outlaw book every other day so far Amazon hasn't done anything.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #110
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceschick View Post

An Unlikely Alliance by Rachel Van Dyken iTunes / Amazon) --DRM free

Free through Smashwords
Advert
Old 08-10-2012, 12:54 AM   #111
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
-FREE at Amazon:

--In the Marshal's Arms (an Erotic Western Novella) - Emma Jay

-Emma Jay has published with Samhain and Wild Rose Press, etc.
also free at Smashwords
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:12 AM   #112
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
I Think I Love You (a humorous romantic mystery) [Kindle Edition] Stephanie Bond (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Think-humorous...digital-text_3

I THINK I LOVE YOU*is
thrilled to be part of the Back to School *Indie Book Blowout. GREAT books
at only 99 CENTS for one day only!! Friday, Aug. 10th!

Check it out! You'll be glad
you did! To enter to win a $25 Amazon gift card, simply visit indiebookblowout.com
and sign up for our newsletter!

Note: Indie Book Blow Out is an author/IBB event. If you have any questions, please contact indiebookblowout.com
not Amazon!

Mystery, comedy, and romance collide in the thrilling, fast-paced tale of I THINK I LOVE YOU!

* *"Stephanie Bond is really on a roll. I THINK I LOVE YOU cements her reputation as an author who delivers irony, humor and turmoil in ample amounts."*--Romantic Times*Book Reviews

* * Sisters share everything in their closets, including the skeletons... *Twenty years ago, the Metcalf sisters witnessed a murder and formed a pact of silence. Now they're estranged and scattered because they all fell in love with the same man.*When the sisters converge at their childhood home, old wounds are laid open against the backdrop of liquidating their parents' antiques business. And when the playboy who broke up their family shows up, things go from bad to worse!

More praise for I THINK I LOVE YOU:

* *"With its energetic*prose and cozy Southern setting, this read is a sterling source of laughs and*lighthearted fun."*--Publishers Weekly

* *"The only reader I*wouldn't recommend I THINK I LOVE YOU to is one who doesn't like to have a good*time."*--All About Romance

If you*want to kick back and immerse yourself in a story chock-full of*laugh-out-loud family dysfunction, mystery, and romance,*I THINK I LOVE YOU*is the book for you!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:43 AM   #113
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
THIS BOOK AND VARIOUS BOOKS ARE COMING UP FREE FOR THE 10th ONLY ON AMAZON. VISIT http://indiebookblowout.com/, AND CLICK ON EACH BOOK YOU LIKE! Website says books are to be .99, but coming up $0.00.

bookratt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
I Think I Love You (a humorous romantic mystery) [Kindle Edition] Stephanie Bond (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Think-humorous...digital-text_3

I THINK I LOVE YOU*is
thrilled to be part of the Back to School *Indie Book Blowout. GREAT books
at only 99 CENTS for one day only!! Friday, Aug. 10th!

Check it out! You'll be glad
you did! To enter to win a $25 Amazon gift card, simply visit indiebookblowout.com
and sign up for our newsletter!

Note: Indie Book Blow Out is an author/IBB event. If you have any questions, please contact indiebookblowout.com
not Amazon!

Mystery, comedy, and romance collide in the thrilling, fast-paced tale of I THINK I LOVE YOU!

* *"Stephanie Bond is really on a roll. I THINK I LOVE YOU cements her reputation as an author who delivers irony, humor and turmoil in ample amounts."*--Romantic Times*Book Reviews

* * Sisters share everything in their closets, including the skeletons... *Twenty years ago, the Metcalf sisters witnessed a murder and formed a pact of silence. Now they're estranged and scattered because they all fell in love with the same man.*When the sisters converge at their childhood home, old wounds are laid open against the backdrop of liquidating their parents' antiques business. And when the playboy who broke up their family shows up, things go from bad to worse!

More praise for I THINK I LOVE YOU:

* *"With its energetic*prose and cozy Southern setting, this read is a sterling source of laughs and*lighthearted fun."*--Publishers Weekly

* *"The only reader I*wouldn't recommend I THINK I LOVE YOU to is one who doesn't like to have a good*time."*--All About Romance

If you*want to kick back and immerse yourself in a story chock-full of*laugh-out-loud family dysfunction, mystery, and romance,*I THINK I LOVE YOU*is the book for you!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:13 AM   #114
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
THIS BOOK AND VARIOUS BOOKS ARE COMING UP FREE FOR THE 10th ONLY ON AMAZON. VISIT http://indiebookblowout.com/, AND CLICK ON EACH BOOK YOU LIKE! Website says books are to be .99, but coming up $0.00.

bookratt
I believe the Free Par-Tay site is the site where they post the free books. I've gotten alot of good books through them. Stephanie Bond, Rita Herron just to name a few of their authors.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:54 AM   #115
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Love Will Find a Way by Barbara Freethy

Quote:
From #1 New York Times Bestselling Author Barbara Freethy comes an emotional and romantic story of love and family.

Rachel fell in love at nineteen with a man who came into her life on a whirlwind of sunlight and romance. She married Gary Tanner, had his son, and thought she would live happily ever after. But fate had other plans. Gary died in a tragic accident … at least she thought it was an accident. Now, there are questions that need to be answered, and only one man she can turn to, Gary's best friend, Dylan.

Rachel was everything Dylan Prescott wanted in a woman. But Gary met her first, so she became untouchable. For years he stayed away from her. Now Rachel is a widow, her marriage is over, and she turns to him for help. The passion he feels for her is no longer out of his reach. The life he always wanted is beckoning to him, but when the secrets come out, will their love find a way to survive?
Old 08-10-2012, 06:24 AM   #116
spindlegirl
Wizard

The Wedding Cake Girl by Anne Pfeffer (Amazon US) - young adult romance

Quote:
Seventeen-year-old Alexandra spends so much time helping others realize their dreams that she never has time for her own. An expert ocean diver and reluctant maker of wedding cakes, she longs to leave roses and frosting behind to study oceanography. Alex’s mother won’t have it—needy and dependent, Mom can’t run the family wedding cake business on her own.

No matter what Alex does, things only get worse for her. When she saves a man's life while scuba diving and becomes the local hero, Mom's angry with Alex for going diving at all. Mom discourages Alex's new friendship with Jeremy, a fun and insanely wealthy boy who happens to have a secret. Then, Alex's best friend, Zack, a hunky island guy, starts to take an interest in her as well. The problem is, he's dating another girl.

As Alex struggles to learn where she stands between her two difficult and confusing Prince Charmings, it occurs to her that maybe what she really needs is a Prince Charming for Mom. If she doesn't do something fast, they'll bury her in her "Sue's Wedding Cakery" apron with a spatula in her hand.

The Wedding Cake Girl features a colorful island setting, dangerous underwater diving adventures, a family of billionaires, and lots and lots of buttercream. The book is Alex's journey toward not only finding love, but learning how to step forward and take control of her own life, a rite of passage that faces all young readers.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #117
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free at Amazon:

The Truth Club US DE by Grace Wynne-Jones, a chick lit novel first published by Accent Press in 2007.

Quote:
Has Sally Adams met her soul-mate? And if she has why did she run away from him and marry someone else? Now she can't forget the beautiful stranger she encountered at that party and he remembers her too. Why did he have to come back into her life just when she seems to have everything you need to be happy? She has good friends, an interesting job and a husband who says he loves her even though he never seems to be there when she really needs him. But he's sexy and kind and knows how to put up shelving. Isn't that enough? Perhaps, she thinks, the key to fulfilment lies not in the present, but in the past. Over fifty years before, Sally's Great-Aunt DeeDee, the official black sheep of the family, disappeared, and Sally becomes determined to find her. As she unravels the intriguing mystery she also begins to learn more about her own heart's true desires, and that the secrets of happiness are often right in front of us...if only we could see them!
Balance of Terror US DE by KS Augustin, a SF romance and sequel to In Enemy Hands, which was published by Carina Press.

Quote:
Save one man? Or save billions? It’s Moon’s choice.

Stellar physicist Moon Thadin and amnesiac savant Srin Flerovs are on their way to possible sanctuary with an old research partner of Moon’s. But between them and safety lie a cunning arms dealer, a suspicious pirate captain, and a universe of unfamiliarity.

Refusing to turn her research into a weapon, Moon and Srin outran the Republic in IN ENEMY HANDS, only to find that the anti-Republic rebels they’re heading for want her knowledge for the same reason, and they’re willing to trade critical gene therapy for it. Withhold the therapy and Srin will die. Share the research and billions will die.

Can the needs of one ever truly outweigh the needs of many?

ADVISORY: BALANCE OF TERROR is the sequel to IN ENEMY HANDS; however, a full synopsis of the first book is given at the beginning of BALANCE OF TERROR. That should get you up to speed if you haven’t yet read IN ENEMY HANDS.
Warrior's Bride US DE by Gerri Russell, a medieval romance (repeat freebie)

Quote:
The Seer's Stone. Locked away in a tower, young Isobel had watched its power slowly drive her mother mad. And now, years later, the Stone's secrets threatened to be the death of Isobel as well. Douglas Stewart, known as the Black Wolf of Scotland, had no intention of taking a wife, despite his father's demands. But the moment he saw Isobel, he was spellbound by her fiery defiance and delicate beauty. They were united by destiny yet beset by betrayal. Only by opening her heart to love and living up to her legacy could Isobel become a Warrior's Bride.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #118
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free at Amazon:

When Mom Meets Dad US DE by Karen Rose Smith, a contemporary romance first published in 1999 as Mom Meets Dad.

Quote:
Alex Woodsides is a single dad who wants the best for his daughter. His daughter Kristy believes her father needs a wife and she needs a mom! When Kristy lets her math grade drop, she suggests Amanda Carson--her best friend's mom who is a third grade teacher--tutor her over the summer. She believes Mrs. Carson is the perfect mom and would make a wonderful wife for her dad.
Neither Alex nor Amanda suspect they're being pushed together by two nine-year-old matchmakers until it's too late. Sparks fly when they meet and keep flying as they become involved in each others lives. But Amanda has been burnt in the past by a controlling husband, and Alex gained sole custody of his daughter because her mother walked away. Will Amanda and Alex fall for each other and the parent trap their daughters have set?
Old 08-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #119
Britomart
Guru

Carina Press have announced a weekend sale. It's not exactly overwhelming, but here it is:

Contemporary romances are 20% off instead of the usual 10%.

Risking Trust by Adrienne Giordano is available at 30% off.

One should add that all romances there are DRM-free.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #120
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
This was just tweeted by DANL - New books added to our $0.99 sale for a limited time at Discover a New Love http://www.discoveranewlove.com/store/ #coupon #99centbooks

Problem is I can't seem to see any new additions ??

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 08-19-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Replace condensed URL with full link.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote