Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #241
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post

Now free on iTunes (DRM-free) and from Kobo -- but at Kobo, when I downloaded into Adobe ADE, the book was instead Relics: A Faye Longchamp Mystery, by Mary Anna Evans.

Kobo also has The Ragtime Kid, by Larry Karp, free today. An older edition was free on Kindle, but now the new edition of it is free at Amazon, as well.

Last edited by koland; 02-08-2013 at 04:19 PM.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:17 AM   #242
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
I got Relics by Mary Anna Evans instead of Chet Baker, as well. Kobo France in this case.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 02:09 AM   #243
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
About a year ago, I bought Relics from Kobo UK and got a steven havill book instead (Privileged to Kill). I got a refund from from Kobo with the comment that the issue would be reported to the Publisher. I ended up getting Relics from Amazon - didn't realise I should have tried the Chet Baker book instead
Mort1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:05 AM   #244
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
I won't bother asking for a refund, it was free after all. Interestingly enough, when I tried to download metadata calibre returned metadata for Chet Baker, not the actual book I had on screen (Relics) So if you want Relics, look for Chet Baker on Kobo
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:15 AM   #245
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
I reported it to Kobo...I got Relics too (US). Relics is a very good book though if you haven't read it...I already have the whole series of those and really enjoyed them all. I grabbed the Chet Baker from iTunes.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #246
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
I purchased (for actual money) Looking For Chet Baker a few months ago, but I was very happy to get Relics after reading this thread.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #247
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Now free on iTunes (DRM-free) and from Kobo -- but at Kobo, when I downloaded into Adobe ADE, the book was instead Relics: A Faye Longchamp Mystery, by Mary Anna Evans.

Kobo also has The Ragtime Kid, by Larry Karp, free today. An older edition was free on Kindle, but now the new edition of it is free at Amazon, as well.
Free on Amazon now, too.

Looking for Chet Baker
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #248
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Reporting the wrong link does no good. Took three days for them to get back to me and when they did they didn't even try to download the book, just looked at the link and decided it was "fine". Here's the response I got:

Response Via Email (Jose C) 02/12/2013 07:08 AM
Hi Sara

Thank you for contacting the Kobo Customer Care.

We receive your e-mail and thank you for your feed back. I check the link and is fine. If is a free book I could just add it up to your account.
Thank you.

Sincerely,
The Kobo Team

I am beginning to see WHY Kobo customer service is so revered. Crispes.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #249
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Hey, at least your reply was mostly in English.

Yes, I know they are a Canadian company, apparently in a French province. But they could at least have the reps that know better (if not native) English write out some of the form emails they send out. After all, I suspect they sell half or better of their books to customers in English speaking countries (or where English and not French, is the unacknowledged second language).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #250
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
I am beginning to see WHY Kobo customer service is so revered. Crispes.
Last month I reported a problem to Kobo. I refused a refund because I intended to keep the book. In fact, I asked them not to refund my money three times. A couple of days later I received a refund. I gave up.

Now I'm just amused by stories of attempts to communicate with Kobo.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #251
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Last month I reported a problem to Kobo. I refused a refund because I intended to keep the book. In fact, I asked them not to refund my money three times. A couple of days later I received a refund. I gave up.

Now I'm just amused by stories of attempts to communicate with Kobo.
Most have to wait up to month to see their money back a couple of days are pretty good.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #252
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Hey, maybe that's the secret. Tell them you don't want a refund, and then you will get one quicker.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #253
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Hey, maybe that's the secret. Tell them you don't want a refund, and then you will get one quicker.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:30 AM   #254
BelleZora
Wizard

Quote:
And to think I stumbled over the secret accidentally.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:32 AM   #255
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
And to think I stumbled over the secret accidentally.
Naw, genius at work
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote