Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 12-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
hbabygirl
hbabygirl began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Entourage PE
I think my PE is fried

I am so sad. I have only had my PE since July, and was just starting to explore the additional functionalities of the reader side, when suddenly a few nights ago while I was charging the device, the reader side got very warm to the touch, and my browser, froyo email, and all my downloaded android apps started force closing.

I turned it completely off and unplugged the charger to cool it down overnight. The next day the device wouldn't even power up all the way. Shut it back down again and let it rest for awhile. Later on powered it back up and everything worked on the tablet side except the reader related apps. The reader side never has come back, and I can't access the journal or the library since then either.

Tonight the tablet side started acting up again too. All those downloaded apps and the browser and froyo email starting force closing on me again. Sigh. I've powered it down for the night again and unplugged it from the recharger. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, is there a way to fix it?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Laura

p.s. If it's not fixable, does anyone know how I can make good on the warranty I purchased from square trade? I am at a loss.
hbabygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
How sad!

Could something be wrong with your charger? I'm pretty sure Ivan posted ways to check that (don't remember which thread, but it was within the last 2 months).

Good luck! I hope you can fix it, but if not that's why you got Square Trade!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
The first thing you should do is check that your charger is in fact charging and not over/under charging.

The simple test is to check the voltage at the plug you plug into your unit, it should be 12v DC. Use a length of paper clip in the central hole of the plug - get a thin one - this will be the + (positive) terminal, the outer metal of the plug is the - (negative) terminal. connect a volt meter between those two terminals with the charger powered on and you should get 12v +- 0.5v - anything else and the charger is faulty.

If you have a faulty charger there are a number of threads here that give information about getting a replacement.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote