Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 09:29 PM   #16
some1else
Enthusiast
some1else began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox, iPhone 4, Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
I am not an expert on programming etc. so can't really help you with your error! But using common sense we can probably figure something out. If all fails, you could do a factory reset...
When you enter your email? What do you mean? where exactly do you enter your email and get this error?
Also, do you have Astro (file manager) installed on your Vox? If you do, you should be able to see the files with that?
to install Aldiko I go to aldiko.com , then I click download then it asks for email address to send the download link? when I enter my email i get that error. is there any other way to download aldkiko?

no I dont have Astro .. I only have the factory installed apps...do I go to "get apps" for astro?
some1else is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #17
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
use the links I posted...from your Vox browser.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 09:53 PM   #18
some1else
Enthusiast

i used the vox browser and downloaded both, no trouble with astro

but for aldiko i go to "all apps' then "downloads" then choose aldiko but instead of an install window i get "complete action using file editor or htmlviewer" if I choose file editor it says file too large ... when i choose htmlviewer i get a blank page
Old 11-15-2011, 10:08 PM   #19
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

http://www.apktop.com/aldiko-book-reader-premium-2-0-2.html

try this link instead, just tried on mine and it works

The download is just below the QR code...

Last edited by Cdesja5; 11-15-2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: location of download link
Old 11-15-2011, 10:31 PM   #20
cindiaugustine
Enthusiast
cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.cindiaugustine could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox and original Kobo
Thanks Cdesja5, I was getting the same message as some1else, and couldn't seem to find an alternative download site.
cindiaugustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 10:31 PM   #21
some1else
Enthusiast

ok the good news is I have Aldiko back on the vox, thanks for that. Still when I go to SDcard then ebooks it is just showing books that i put on last week, not the epub i put on the SD card 5 hours ago, but the PC shows it on the SDcard, but I can't find it on the SDcard using Astro.....I also tried Calibre on the PC and sent the epub to the vox through that program...and now my Vox is frozen!!! soooooooooo frustrated 5 hours trying to get a public library epub on the vox...
Old 11-15-2011, 10:42 PM   #22
some1else
Enthusiast

found the file in Aldiko - ebooks- import- patterson (file named after author)- the epub file but when I click on import it says "could not load file" ...

no charge left on the vox battery ... and no patience left in me...thanks so much for your time and patience cdesja
Old 11-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #23
Cdesja5
Wizard

No problem...bedtime for me...get up in 6 hours for work!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:14 PM   #24
Cdesja5
Wizard

Just a thought: Now that you've found the book and you're getting that could not load message... Did you set up your user for Adobe Digital Editions in Aldiko? Won't load if your device is not authorized.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:30 AM   #25
some1else
Enthusiast

yes it says my device is authorized, and I went to aldiko settings and confirned .... if only it was that easy, sigh

thanks again
Old 11-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #26
kcarscadden
Zealot
kcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad Air 5, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Quote:
Originally Posted by some1else View Post
ok the good news is I have Aldiko back on the vox, thanks for that. Still when I go to SDcard then ebooks it is just showing books that i put on last week, not the epub i put on the SD card 5 hours ago, but the PC shows it on the SDcard, but I can't find it on the SDcard using Astro.....I also tried Calibre on the PC and sent the epub to the vox through that program...and now my Vox is frozen!!! soooooooooo frustrated 5 hours trying to get a public library epub on the vox...
Strangely enough, there is an internal SDcard, as well as the external SDcard you have put into the Vox. In Aldiko, when you go to SD card on the Home screen, it first goes to the internal SD card. To get to the external SD card, press the up-arrow near the top right on the screen, then choose extsd on that screen. You will then be seeing the external SD card.

Keith
kcarscadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:53 PM   #27
some1else
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarscadden View Post
Strangely enough, there is an internal SDcard, as well as the external SDcard you have put into the Vox. In Aldiko, when you go to SD card on the Home screen, it first goes to the internal SD card. To get to the external SD card, press the up-arrow near the top right on the screen, then choose extsd on that screen. You will then be seeing the external SD card.

Keith
thx Kcar...never would have discovered that, sure enough that's where my sail.epub is...but sadly when I get an error stating could not load file
Old 11-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #28
indigorayne
indigorayne can illuminate an eclipseindigorayne can illuminate an eclipseindigorayne can illuminate an eclipseindigorayne can illuminate an eclipseindigorayne can illuminate an eclipseindigorayne can illuminate an eclipseindigorayne can illuminate an eclipseindigorayne can illuminate an eclipseindigorayne can illuminate an eclipseindigorayne can illuminate an eclipseindigorayne can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS-T1, kobo touch, kobo mini
Okay I must be doing something wrong, open Aldiko and press home screen icon on top left, this works. Press SD card and this shows a bunch of folders but no up arrow on top right, it only appears when I am inside of a folder, and pressing on it or tapping it takes me up one level, I am a total noob on the vox so any help greatly appreciate. I can use Astro to copy files from external to ebook folder, but it would be easier if I could see external card from Aldiko. Version for Aldiko is 2.0. Thanks in advance
indigorayne is offline   Reply With Quote