Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-27-2011, 02:33 AM   #1
marsim
marsim began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Calibre news server, download and send

Hi all,

I would like to use calibre or some parts of its source code to implement a configurable service or server (as a linux daemon for example) that automatically gets my news feeds using calibre recipes, prepares the mobi and sends it to my kindle account for automatic delivery on my kindle. This way having a nitghtly schedule, in the morning I'll have the device fully loaded with my favourites news.

Any suggestions about where start from ?
marsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:31 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Use the command line tools in cron jobs. ebook-convert also downloads recipes, calibredb adds to the library if you want that, calibre-smtp sends to email. There's documentation available that should help get you started, also, a forum search for 'ebook-convert recipe' should find some examples for scripts and such.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
automatic, kindle, news, server