Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #1711
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Proud of you Paul .
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #1712
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thank you!

My TBR is back down to 300 again, and I don't anticipate buying any more ebooks before May. Unless there'a a really good special offer on something.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #1713
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Thank you!

My TBR is back down to 300 again, and I don't anticipate buying any more ebooks before May. Unless there'a a really good special offer on something.
That's great news.

Personally, I haven't purchased anything this year. I do add to my TBR pile regularly (and remove some too) but am currently satisfied with hard covers from the library.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #1714
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Thank you!

With Fictionwise gone and Books on Board on the shelf, I wonder where that good special offer will be coming from.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:52 AM   #1715
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindle daily deals. Kobo discount codes. B&N special offers.

For example, the excellent Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton that I bought earlier this month for £0.99 and which is now selling for £5.14. An 80% discount!

With the Baen Monthly bundles and my subscriptions to Analog, Asimov's and F&SF, (and a TBR of 300!) I can afford to wait for the rare bargains.
Advert
Old 04-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #1716
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
But it's not an 80% discount so much as 20% you wouldn't otherwise have spent...

(Tooth and Claw is my only recent non-wishlist purchase, too.)
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #1717
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I just counted up and I've read 12 purchased ebooks so far this year and bought 46. Oy. I could probably in justice shave something off the bought list, since I couldn't resist buying several Evelyn Waugh titles at the last BoB sale (and wish I'd bought more), but those are to replace my crumbling pbooks and not necessarily to be reread in the near term. Just the same....

My New Year's resolution was to ignore sales and coupons and only buy books (paying full and even agency price) when I was ready to read them, theorizing with a high degree of confidence that I'd save money. But the Kobo coupons in particular got me, especially the multi-use 40%-off ones in January and February.

Past time to get resolute. From now on, I can only buy a book just as I'm about to read it. That is, unless BoB comes back and I can buy the rest of those Waughs. Every good rule has an exception!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:11 AM   #1718
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

So far this year I've read 56 paid-for books and bought 56 books. The last gasp of older Baen Monthly Bundles and some Kindle Daily Deals were my undoing.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #1719
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
I think there should also be ereaders buying addict support group
Especially if they are going to release newer and newer ereaders every other month...
Not that I don't need help for ebooks
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #1720
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
^ Yes, the Kobo Aura HD is calling to me as if I really need another ereader.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #1721
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
^ Yes, the Kobo Aura HD is calling to me as if I really need another ereader.
If you can hold off a couple of months, you can find out what all the other big players are coming out with and get the best one. At least that is what I am going to TRY to do!

Of course I will want to fill that new ereader up with new ebooks. That will be a time when I will need to come here for an intervention.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #1722
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilica View Post
I think there should also be ereaders buying addict support group
Especially if they are going to release newer and newer ereaders every other month...
Not that I don't need help for ebooks
I confess I gave in and brought a paperwhite. I jusr could not help myself the lure of the light. I have to admit it hurt when I gave my sister my touch. I loved it like one of my children hehehe.
I can not see anything that would lure me with newer models. It was the light, all about the light and cold winter mights coming.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #1723
jersysman
Wizard

I'm saving up for the Annual Georgette Heyer sale (hopefully). I have put off buying anything else. Can someone tell me around when does this happen?
Old 04-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #1724
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I bought a load of Georgette Heyer books on 16 August 2012. So you have some time to save.

(She was born on 16 August 1902)
Old 04-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #1725
jersysman
Wizard

Quote:
I bought a load of Georgette Heyer books on 16 August 2012. So you have some time to save.

(She was born on 16 August 1902)
So, I should be in fairly good shape if I can hold off on any purchases until then. I did buy a lot last year, but I want to finish out my collection.

Thanks for the info!