Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 09:44 AM   #61
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
Quote:
I also want to install Ermine, but following the instructions posted didn't work for me at all. I downloaded the Ermine version for PE and followed the instructions from Entourage's website to every step. I never get to the "Updating Software" splash screen while pressing the MENU and ROTATE screen buttons.
We have another user with a bricked system who has been having trouble using the manual restore feature. A possibility exists that it might not be working for some people.

That said, here's how I do it. First, rather than use a USB stick, I've always done it with an sdcard. I make sure it is completely blank except the update.zip file in the root folder. Then, before I hit the power button, I make sure I have the MENU and ROTATE buttons pressed down. While I"m holding them down, I slide on the power button. You have to hold them a few seconds while booting up, but you shouldn't need to keep them held until you see the updating software screen; at most, you only need to hold them a few seconds.

To me, sounds like it is looking for the update but not actually finding it. Are you sure you have the correct update file and the it is named "update.zip" on the root?
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #62
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Quote:
This process worked for me. Yes the background off actually makes it playable. However you can't shrink the screen down so you can see the entire playing field, which just makes it a little more challenging.
That's awesome! I never actually used the zoom feature. Can you maybe zoom by double-tapping on the screen? Which of the methods worked? Was it the umount one or removing the sdcard?

Last edited by kennyminot; 06-30-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Advert
Old 07-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #63
littleal
littleal began at the beginning.

Device: Hindle DX and Entiurage edge
Can anyone help. I have tried to download Z4root from several sires and get the message that it has a virus. Can anybody confirm and if truw wgat can I do?
littleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:34 PM   #64
kennyminot
Groupie

Have you installed the Amazon Appstore? That's the best place to get it!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:27 AM   #65
littleal
littleal began at the beginning.

Device: Hindle DX and Entiurage edge
I live in australia and get the message that the mamzonappstore is not available.
I am stuck
littleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #66
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
If you are trying to use a windows based PC you have two choices.

1) Turn off the AV software on the PC, download it, copy it to a USB stick, unplug the USB stick and turn on the AV software again.

2) Download a Linux live CD image, burn it to CD, reboot the PC with the live CD, download it and copy to USB.

Kenny, the Amazon app store appears to be US only at the moment
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #67
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleal View Post
I live in australia and get the message that the mamzonappstore is not available.
I am stuck
There are number of companies which for a small amount will give you VPN connection for US and you have an aceess to Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, ... They will think you're an American!
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:58 PM   #68
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsenter View Post
There are number of companies which for a small amount will give you VPN connection for US and you have an aceess to Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, ... They will think you're an American!
only problem is he would need a vpn app for android that would bring through whatever ports the amazon appstore uses(unless its 80). I did end up sending him the file anyway, though I'm not sure yet if he got it...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:13 PM   #69
merddynemrys
merddynemrys began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge + kindle
OK, I bought a second Pocket Edge. I'm trying to update to Ermine but it is just not working (it went fine with the first PE). Is this upgrade still available? (IF so how does one go about getting it, because the auto-update on the PE does NOT appear to find it).
merddynemrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #70
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by merddynemrys View Post
OK, I bought a second Pocket Edge. I'm trying to update to Ermine but it is just not working (it went fine with the first PE). Is this upgrade still available? (IF so how does one go about getting it, because the auto-update on the PE does NOT appear to find it).
Try here.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:47 PM   #71
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by merddynemrys View Post
Welcome to MobileRead!

You might also try this method: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=142035 post #10.

Good luck!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:58 AM   #72
muranternet
Connoisseur
muranternet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3/Sony PRS-300/Nook Color running CM7/P eDGe
What devices work for GApps/Titanium method?

I was wondering if anyone had compiled a list of device that people have successfully migrated a functional Market from. I know that vicinc used a Notion Ink Adam and others have mentioned success, but I have had no luck using a Droid 1 and Cyanogenmod 6.1.2, which uses the recommended Market version. I can browse and select but the apps never download. I wonder if it's only certain device builds that work.

For the record, my failed device: Motorola Droid, Cyanogenmod 6.1.2 (FroYo) at the time(s) of the attempt(s).
muranternet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:36 AM   #73
Turtlehead
Enthusiast
Turtlehead began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Can you access the micro SD card and the internal storage from your PC via the PE USB input? I can see and use the internal storage but not the micro SD unless I'm missing something. I don't want to remove the micro SD card when I want to add to it.

Thanks
Turtlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #74
kennyminot
Groupie

No - but that can easily be fixed by following the instructions to swap your sdcard and internal memory, which you can find under the "how to install apps on your sd card" thread. I believe the instructions are under Step 3.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #75
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
You may also be able to access your computer with ES File Explorer depending on how your home lan is set up.

OK, not everyone has a server sitting in the basement running a full FTP server or even a NAS but I would have thought windows network would show up (don't have windows to test, sorry). I do know you can get a simple FTP server to run on windows which should make things easy.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote