Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-07-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
creating a backup install - cusomisations not showing

I have a main install in Windows 7 ( 64 bit) & have copied off of the app data folder.C:\Users\dad\AppData\Roaming\calibre

I set up calibre my backup install on win 95, see where calibre puts its app data, close it, & overwrite that app data with my source app data.

carefully did this several times but none of my customised columns & open with shortcuts are there. how do I trouble shoot this ?

what have I missed ?

is it because I've not done the calibre library folder ( with metadata.db) I just did program install, app data overwrite, then imported a few test books ?

Last edited by cybmole; 02-07-2011 at 08:43 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Some customisations (such as Custom Columns) are stored in the Calibre metadata database.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'd tried again & this time copied over my entire source library. I am still not seeing my custom columns. is it bacause I am going from win 7 to win xp or because I've done something stupid en-route.

I just want to test this little net book PC I've bought & don't want to have to spend ages setting it up in Win xp, as I may change the OS.
So on the netbook I close calibre, remove all app data & library data. copy on my source library & app data files from my main win 7 PC, put them carefully into win xp equivalent locations - , open calibre - finds the library OK but does not find the customisations.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
If you copied the library including the metadata.db over, you should be seeing your custom columns. Is there some error message?
What exactly do you mean by customizations? I think I've read somewhere that Calibre requires plugins to be installed, not copied over from the settings folder. Not sure about what other stuff you mean... Is Calibre actually using that folder? You can explicitly tell it where to go for configuration and such by using the methodology described here.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
cybmole
Wizard

after a lot of testing , it seems the plugins do have to be actually reinstalled.
maybe it's due to win 7 win xp path differences. I was not any of seeing my Open with... stuff

I had a mix of plugins, user defined columns & gen preferences eg. for conversion, fo screen layout...

One idee has bit the dust already _ I'd read of a nifty rotate utility for netbooks, so you could flip the screen into portrait mode for an ebook. BUT on my netbook the screen hinge does not allow the netbook to open to 180% so the idea is a non flyer., even though the eeerotate utility does it's thing well.

kindle for PC looks good on netbook in full screen landscape mode though. IT uses the real estate better than calibre viewer.
Advert
Old 02-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
canceled
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote