Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
domromer
Enthusiast
domromer began at the beginning.

Device: Something that works well with libraries.
Library books on ipad?

How would I load library books onto my ipad? I currently use adobe digital editions and the software that came with my sony 350. I'd like to try to load these books into my ipad but I'm not sure how to do that. Or for that matter how to import library books into calibre.
domromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
menevets
Connoisseur
menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300/Kindle 4 basic/iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone/Nexus 7
I read on this forum someone is working on Overdrive for the iPad. meanwhile, I use a Sony Reader.

Sometimes I take a copy of a book using a digital camera and load it into Photos and read it that way.
menevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
ccadi
Alive'n'Reading
ccadi is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Libra 2, Paperwhite 5 SE
Bluefire Reader App has just been updated to allow library books to be read on ipad. See thread in this forum.

The in App help explains how to go about loading the books

Last edited by ccadi; 11-11-2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: more info
ccadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:43 AM   #4
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
You can use Overdrive for iphone to display audio books from your library but there currently is no way to have ebooks from the library on your iPad. If you use your library a lot maybe a Sony or Nook or several other readers may be better for you. My mother can use her Kindle2 at the Rutherford Public Library for ebooks. You have to ask them what readers they can work with.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:36 AM   #5
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
You can now read ePub library books on the iPad, using the Bluefire Reader app.
Download the book as normal on your PC, then either:
a) Authorise the acsm file with Adobe Digital Editions on the PC and transfer the resulting ePub to the iPad, or
b) Transfer the acsm file to the iPad and authorise it in Bluefire.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert