Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-11-2009, 02:16 AM   #1
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
What's weirdest thing you've eaten or seen someone eat?

I lived in Louisiana a few years ago and got invited to a friend's house where i was offered stewed squirrel

I tried it but couldn't bring myself to eat it for some reason.

I have also eaten fried alligator, fried piranha, armadillo stew and iguana eggs.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:11 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Toasted locusts, in Morocco. "Crunchy", but they don't really taste of anything.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:27 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Fried grasshopper (only tasted crunchy), chocolate covered ants (like pepper-flavored chocolate, pickled pigs feet, and alligator (nothing unique).
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:14 AM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I ate Nutria http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutria
They are considered the finest meat around here. (by people that are willing to try to eat what my mother calls "the giant water rat) Sadly, people do not farm those any more. They were kept for their fur. But that is not profitable today.

I also ate roadkill. Several times. It was always freshly killed roadkill. ;-)
Like wild pheasant, or wild rabbit

I also tried octopus, clams, ... but those are not *that* exotic

Oh, when we were kids we ate flowers from the Black Locust tree. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robinia_pseudoacacia
I just looked it up in Wikipedia
Quote:
In fact, every part of the tree, especially the bark, is considered toxic, with the exception of the flowers.
Shudder
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:19 AM   #5
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
One of our celebrity chef's made a 'special' meal to celebrate the birth of a baby - it was on TV a few years ago.

(The birth was a prerequisite for the the dish. )
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:21 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
being vegetarian precludes eating many of the dishes considered most exotic for me, and to be perfectly honest, i can't say i'm frustrated by that at all.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #7
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When I was little kid my mum used to cook pigs brain. With onion and eggs - like when you make scrambled eggs. Yummy!

I have remarked recently that I would like to cook that and my wife threatened that she would throw out the pan I use to cook that ;-)
Old 07-11-2009, 07:56 AM   #8
kacir
Wizard

Quite recently I made ice cream. Fried bacon flavoured ice cream. Recipe invented by Heston Blumenthall. It is served with salty butter caramel.

I have also cooked ham in CocaCola - the way Nigela Lawson does. I have used the resulting CocaCola flavoured sweet broth as a base for a bean soup. Very nice!

Last edited by kacir; 07-11-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #9
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Quite recently I made ice cream. Fried bacon flavoured ice cream. Recipe invented by Heston Blumenthall. It is served with salty butter caramel.

I have also cooked ham in CocaCola - the way Nigela Lawson does. I have used the resulting CocaCola flavoured sweet broth as a base for a bean soup. Very nice!
Nigella's coke ham is the best! When it comes to ice cream, I say fresh ginger and green tea are the best flavours ever. But that's not weird, it's just good!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:55 AM   #10
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
... ice cream, I say fresh ginger ...
Where can I find recipe?
Old 07-11-2009, 10:18 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Ginger ice cream is not at all unusual. My local supermarket sells it!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:22 AM   #12
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
We don't have it around here, so I just let soften a tub of vanilla ice cream for about 15 minutes and add about a quarter cup of grated ginger per litre. Blend in, pop in the freezer and you're done!
For green tea: add 2 table spoons of matcha per liter of ice cream.
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:06 AM   #13
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I guess it would have to be human flesh, but that's only from a cultural perspective.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #14
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I guess it would have to be human flesh, but that's only from a cultural perspective.
you consumed or viewed the consumption?

I've eaten the normal oddities, grasshoppers, pickled pigs feet, snake, etc. saw plenty of horse flesh in the Parisian markets, normal for them disturbing to me.

I've had lung soup, fried brains and cow tit schnitzel in Germany. in each case I did not know what I was eating, but found the texture revolting. when told I ate a few more bites so my hosts did not have the pleasure of "grossing" me out, I had already indicated I was not fond of it.

never eat wild sea gull eggs. taste like rotten fish!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:12 PM   #15
KoKoPuff
KoKoPuff began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I've had frog ovaries once at a family dinner. We all thought it was tapiocca .. >.<
KoKoPuff is offline   Reply With Quote