Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 11-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Bellem, Robert: Adventure's End v 1.1, 12 Nov 2008

This title was released under a Creative Commons License.

This is pure spicy pulp fun. Action, crime and even a bit of sex.
Quote:
Tate Shevlin pits himself against mighty powers— smashes through incredible oriental horrors—in his last magnificent adventure with the Golden Girl
Sorry I haven't gotten the other adventures of Tate Shevlin, but there is more Robert Bellem where this came from.

Text comes from pulpgen via munseys.
I streamlined the format, added a TOC and used the original graphics as cover.

URGENT: Please let me know if you like these pulpgen shorts, otherwise I will not go on to upload them as pulpgen and munseys does offer these texts (in other formats or without illustrations, but they do. Pm or post to say what you think

Some changes in the book:
Views:18

Last edited by mtravellerh; 11-12-2008 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Added some legalese
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #2
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
....URGENT: Please let me know if you like these pulpgen shorts, otherwise I will not go on to upload them as pulpgen and munseys does offer these texts (in other formats or without illustrations, but they do. Pm or post to say what you think
I appreciate the hard work you are doing. I love this pulp stuff. Thanks so much for taking the time and the files look great.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2008, 04:32 PM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I appreciate the uploads here at MobileRead, even if the books are available elsewhere -- particularly if the version here is enhanced with better formatting or illustrations or both.

Of course, I'd like to see MobiPocket versions as well as Sony!
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Your version looks very good -- great illustration, by the way.

For lovers of Robert Leslie Bellem - as I am - you might also check out the one I put together, called The Wacky Detective Stories of Robert Leslie Bellem, which also includes the story "Adventure's End."

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:55 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Some people seem to like pulps. Good to know. Thanks. So more pulps coming your way.

Dr. Drib: Sorry, didn't know you included our soldier of fortune in your collection. Is there any hope that we might see a mobi version?

I added some legalese to book and upgraded to v 1.1
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2008, 05:24 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Some people seem to like pulps. Good to know. Thanks. So more pulps coming your way.

Dr. Drib: Sorry, didn't know you included our soldier of fortune in your collection. Is there any hope that we might see a mobi version?

I added some legalese to book and upgraded to v 1.1
Please don't worry about the duplicate, especially since your title has an illustration in it that my collection does not. I've sometimes deliberately duplicated a title already posted because that title had no TOC or else the font was way too large for my liking, or else the margins were non-existent. I also have three ebooks on my computer that I've decided NOT to upload because someone else did them, but mine don't appreciably differ very much (even though I prefer my version -- hahahah ).

About Mobi versions of my titles
: I've recieved quite a number of PMs to do Mobi. Last week, I downloaded MobiCreator and plan to learn it. Hopefully, I'll have time this weekend to learn at least the fundamentals of that program so that I can start to make dual assemblies of the titles I put together. I know that with time and Harry's help ( ) there should be no problem in getting up to speed.

Don
Old 11-13-2008, 05:14 PM   #7
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

: I've recieved quite a number of PMs to do Mobi. Last week, I downloaded MobiCreator and plan to learn it. Hopefully, I'll have time this weekend to learn at least the fundamentals of that program so that I can start to make dual assemblies of the titles I put together. I know that with time and Harry's help ( ) there should be no problem in getting up to speed.

Don
Ok, just so ya know Don, the only reason I even keep my Sony is because you don't do mobipocket files--I'm not kidding. If you are going to start doing them, then it may be time to downsize my e-book reader collection. YAY!!
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:47 PM   #8
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Don
HOORAY! I'll be glad to help as well. I bought my Sony Reader to give me a better way to view the .lrf books I was creating -- but also because of the large number of books which have been posted here which are only available in Sony format, and of course you are one of the primary contributors who only produces Sony format. I'd be glad to take a crack at some of the books you've posted in Sony format if I didn't have to start from the original PG text or other primitive source. So, if you have the book in HTML or RTF + images, I'd certainly be glad to take a first crack at creating MobiPocket version and return to you for your personal touch of "human intervention and artistic judgment."
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:43 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
Ok, just so ya know Don, the only reason I even keep my Sony is because you don't do mobipocket files--I'm not kidding. If you are going to start doing them, then it may be time to downsize my e-book reader collection. YAY!!
Thank you for the very kind words.

I'm anxious to start the learning curve.

Don

P.S.: And Elsi, thank you also. I may take you up on your offer of help if I run into any problems, issues, or glitches.