Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 06-12-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Post Kline, Otis Adelbert: Venus Omnibus v1 12 jun 2009

One of HarryT's Omnibus editions:

Quote:
An omnibus edition of Otis Adelbert Kline's "Venus" series, consisting of the following books:

1. Planet of Peril

2. Prince of Peril

3. Port of Peril

These books have a very similar style of those of Edgar Rice Burroughs' "Barsoom" series; if you enjoy those you should enjoy these too.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Venus Omnibus - Kline_ Otis Adelbert.epub (477.7 KB, 762 views)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Thanks for the omnibus! One question, I'm trying to scan a book and make an ebook of it, but I find the proofing to be very tedious and I miss much with MS Word spell check. Do you know of any automated error checking system for txt files that I might use to better the results?
Bob
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:50 AM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
Thanks for the omnibus! One question, I'm trying to scan a book and make an ebook of it, but I find the proofing to be very tedious and I miss much with MS Word spell check. Do you know of any automated error checking system for txt files that I might use to better the results?
Bob
The MS Word spellcheck is quite good. I personally don't know any other better automated system (I use Open Office which is about the same). In fact, the best system is still the good old manual correction.

BTW: All the real work has been by HarryT on this. I just converted it
Old 03-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
Genesis
Enthusiast
Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
there are two venus stories missing:
A Vision Of Venus - Amazing Stories Dec. 1933 (will be in my OAK Collection)
Volunteers from Venus, Cosmos 1933 round robin ~ Fantasy Magazine, Jan 1934 as by E. Hoffmann Price with Otis Adelbert Kline
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:12 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
there are two venus stories missing:
A Vision Of Venus - Amazing Stories Dec. 1933 (will be in my OAK Collection)
Volunteers from Venus, Cosmos 1933 round robin ~ Fantasy Magazine, Jan 1934 as by E. Hoffmann Price with Otis Adelbert Kline
When will you upload the OAK collection? U may include the venus books, as well, of course!
Old 03-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #6
Genesis
Enthusiast
Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Genesis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
When will you upload the OAK collection? U may include the venus books, as well, of course!
I won't upload the collection here, due to copyrights. You can follow my rarities and collectables postings at [demonoid. link deleted]

However, I have posted 5 OAK stories today. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...76#post2015576

A Vision of Venus, Spawn Of The Comet, The Malignant Entity, Stolen Centuries, Man From The Moon

Unfortunately they ended up as replies to my 1st, instead of separate threads. reply and new thread buttons look exactly the same to me... font and colours make it difficult to read text in button (old eyes)

It seems after asking if the post can be fixed, someone deleted all 5 instead, with no message to me.

Last edited by pdurrant; 08-07-2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: link to unauthorised copyright material deleted
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote