Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
Tessie6
Connoisseur
Tessie6 doesn't litterTessie6 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS505
slow page turn in 650

I've had the PRS 650 (have had a 505 for several years and must admit I like it better) for only a few days and am having troubles getting it to turn pages. Whether I swipe or use the page buttons it takes up to 5 seconds to turn a page and sometimes it won't turn the page until I use the on-off switch for a few seconds.

Is this normal or can someone suggest a fix?

Edith
Tessie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #2
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
This is not normal. Have you tried it more than one book?
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I've found the 650 page turns noticeably faster than on the 505.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
starrlamia
Zealot
starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PB 16g
the only time ive had laggy page turning is with some pdfs, otherwise it is quite speedy.
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
This happened to me once or twice when the Reader got cold.

I did a soft reset and it was fine. I speculated that there was a stray OS thread running that slowed it down, but it could have been the cold.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 05:20 AM   #6
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
This happened to me once or twice when the Reader got cold.

I did a soft reset and it was fine. I speculated that there was a stray OS thread running that slowed it down, but it could have been the cold.
I've also found this problem when the reader is cold, also very short battery life & total hang-ups. Never noticed this with the 505 though.

Though the 650 manual does comment on the cold affecting the battery life.
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:24 AM   #7
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessie6 View Post
I've had the PRS 650 (have had a 505 for several years and must admit I like it better) for only a few days and am having troubles getting it to turn pages. Whether I swipe or use the page buttons it takes up to 5 seconds to turn a page and sometimes it won't turn the page until I use the on-off switch for a few seconds.

Is this normal or can someone suggest a fix?

Edith
It depends on the book i suppose but it's not normal for the average book.
Most of the time for my epub/pdfs it took less than 1 sec but sometimes it tooks a little more.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #8
Tessie6
Connoisseur
Tessie6 doesn't litterTessie6 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS505
slow page turn

I decided to check out how many bookmarks I had and discovered several pages of them. I deleted all but the latest and then went back to my book and discovered much faster page turns.

Could that have been the problem. Anyway everything is working fine now. Thanks for your help.

Edith
Tessie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:47 AM   #9
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessie6 View Post
I decided to check out how many bookmarks I had and discovered several pages of them. I deleted all but the latest and then went back to my book and discovered much faster page turns.

Could that have been the problem. Anyway everything is working fine now. Thanks for your help.

Edith
Not quite sure. I had no bookmarks when i tried the books. Still the original epub from Red Hat were slow on my 650.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote