Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-19-2008, 07:52 AM   #16
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
The next step would be to replace the WiFi module (specs here) with this Bluetooth/WiFi Combo. Don't know if it works, but this would be a really cool mod too...
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:47 PM   #17
whynot98
whynot98 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
Wonderful

Thank you very much for the exciting option. 20 hours is so cool!
whynot98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2008, 04:49 PM   #18
haridasi
Zealot
haridasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enough

They charge 65 dollars in international shipping, which is ridicoulus ! It costs them 3 dollars to post with usps.

I really wanted to buy those batteries, but not with that shipping rate.
haridasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:38 AM   #19
calviny
calviny doesn't littercalviny doesn't litter

Device: iliad
Sorry to hear about the crazy shipping. Maybe you could ask someone in the states to buy and send to you. I would offer to but my life is kinda crazy right now, I barely have time to meet half the things on my todo list. However, the battery is so far so good. I was planning on making a carbon fiber case but that will have to wait until winter.
calviny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:58 AM   #20
Crisby
Fanatic
Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Yay, Calviny is still alive!
Crisby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2008, 03:06 AM   #21
haridasi
Zealot
haridasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enough

If somebody offer to buy them for me (I will pay back of course), I would be happy
Old 08-11-2008, 08:37 AM   #22
haridasi
Zealot

STAY AWAY FROM BATTERYSPACE.COM

I just purchased the two batteries from there, after a lot of trouble. It took me about three or four tries to get the order in (unknown error occured).

I paid with my credit card - and then I got a mail that can be read below.

Basically, they want a copy of my creditcard and a picture ID OR that I purchase their items AGAIN by paypal.

If I give them my credit card details they can use that to purchase more items on their site or another, they can make fraudulent copies of my credit card. I will NEVER give out copies of my credit card to any shop or person.

Another thing to mention is that the email came from batteryspace2003@yahoo.com, but the reply-to is sales@batteryspace.com.

I took a look at my bank account, and batteryspace is listed as "incoming purchase".

This is very very supicious...

I will keep you updated on what happens.
---------------------
Dear Helene

Thanks for purchasing from www.batteryspace.com with the order# ***.

Due to lots of fraudulent credit card purchase recently and to continue process your credit card transaction, we need you to send us

1. Copy of the front and back of credit card,

2. The phone# on the back of credit card

3. Picture ID

to sales@batteryspace.com or fax it to +1-510-439-2808. This will help us to verify the ownership of the credit card. Your order will be shipped out as soon as we verify your credit card.

If you are not comfortable with sending ID and copy of credit card, we understand that. Here are three solutions:

1. If you have PayPal account, please make the payment to service@batteryspace.com and reply to this email with the PayPal transaction ID and we will cancel and refund to your credit card transactions. If you do not have PayPal account and want to know more about it, please go to http://www.paypal.com to find out more and how to register. Or,

2. If you do not want to make the payment with PayPal, please reply this email and tell us that you want to cancel the order. We will fully refund your

credit card charges. The refund will appear on your statement in approximately 3 business days. Or,

3. If you are a return customer and have completed an order before using the same credit card, please reply to this email and inform us your previous order number so we can waive this verification process and continue to process your order.

Last edited by haridasi; 08-11-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #23
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I would recommend canceling the order, waiting for confirmation of the cancellation and refund to your credit card, then, if you still feel inclined, purchase using PayPal.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:27 AM   #24
calviny
calviny doesn't littercalviny doesn't litter

Device: iliad
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I had no problem ordering from them and was not asked for all that additional information. Perhaps it is an extra measure because you are from outside the US?
calviny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:56 PM   #25
haridasi
Zealot

Update: They cancelled my order, withdrew the money from my account, but at the same time added the same amount of money back. So I'm back to square one.

I guess I have to order it through paypal, since I REALLY want those batteries.

Everything worked out in the end, but I still think that asking for a copy of my credit card and ID is very very dubious and outright stupid of them. With that information they can charge my credit card all kinds of things.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #26
magni
magni began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
Would two of these work? 5600mAh total :O:O
http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=4355

Specs:
85mm(3.3") x 50mm(2.0") x 6.0mm(0.2") (same size as yours, but 2mm thicker).

Packing

Made of Polymer Li-Ion Cell, 3.7V, 2800mAh, (PL-H605084H) with Built in Protection IC (PCB) to avoid battery over charge and over discharge
No shrink wrap
(above picture is for reference only till we receive the cell)

Voltage Voltage: 3.6V (working) 4.2V ( peak) 2.5V(cut-off)
Capacity 2800 mAh, 2.8 Ah, 10.36 Wh
Protection

* One PCB (3.5A) installed with the battery pack and protects the battery from
o Overcharge (>4.2V)
o Overdischarge ( <2.5 V)
o Over drain ( >8.5 Amp)
o Short circuits
* No Polyswitch

Prewired

4.0" long 24 AWG open end wire ( Black wire: negative, Red wire: Positive)
Max. Discharging Rate 3A
magni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:39 AM   #27
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
2mm thicker...
I doubt it will fit iLiad. Since calviny mentioned that he had to make some modification on the case of iLiad for the 3600mAh battery to fit in.
Still it is very interesting to imagine how durable will the 5600mAh battery be.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:15 AM   #28
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by haridasi View Post
Everything worked out in the end, but I still think that asking for a copy of my credit card and ID is very very dubious and outright stupid of them. With that information they can charge my credit card all kinds of things.
No, it's very sensible of them - it verifies that you really do possess the physical card, and not merely details of the card number. Many companies require you to do this for overseas transactions. Given the level of card fraud in overseas transactions it's a very sensible precaution for the merchant to take. Many people on this site have bought a Sony Reader from "BHPhotoVideo" in the US, and they'll also require you to send them a scan of your card.

If you think about it, any card merchant can "charge your credit card all kinds of things", but they'll soon lose their card merchant status were they to be stupid enough to actually do so.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:13 AM   #29
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
2mm thicker...
I doubt it will fit iLiad. Since calviny mentioned that he had to make some modification on the case of iLiad for the 3600mAh battery to fit in.
Still it is very interesting to imagine how durable will the 5600mAh battery be.
Widening the gap around the case with 3mm rubber cord (might also require slightly longer screws) could make this a workable solution.... it would make the whole unit 3mm thicker, of course. The rubber cord is sold in jewelry stores, and probably elsewhere. Fire Mountain Gems (a jewelry catalog store) carries it in a number of thicknesses: http://www.firemountaingems.com/shop...TICRUBBERBLACK
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:24 PM   #30
magni
magni began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
Calviny said that his batteries "are actually thinner but push the limit on height and width". So, if they're thinner than the originals, these ones would probably fit as well.
It would seem to me that if we can use these 5600mAh, we could reach around 35+ hours of battery life. Which would be simply awesome.
magni is offline   Reply With Quote