dienbien001
dienbien001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Klara HD
look like my Klara has been bricked after update to the latest fw
dienbien001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 12:18 AM   #17
tschucha
Zealot
tschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Why? Are you going to unplug it when the light goes out? Or if you need to go somewhere and want to take the device you won't until the charging is finished?

Sorry, I understand that people don't like it when things don't work exactly how they think they should, but all the gnashing of teeth over this is far to much. It is such a minor thing. And of course, the option is labeled "Indicator light while charging". Can someone tell me what that means? And then tell me were you got that meaning from.
I'll be glad to tell you what I think it means - I think it should mean that the LED indicator light should stay on while charging, you know kind like what the "Indicator Light while charging" flag says. I didn't really have to get that meaning, I just read the words "Indicator Light while charging".

Did you think it meant something different? If so what do you think it means?
tschucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2022, 12:38 AM   #18
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Well, surprise, surprise.

The led indicator light is now lit on my Libra 2 while charging and the device asleep after updating to this latest fw.

And while asleep and charging, the displayed battery percent changes accordingly.

Edit and Update:

Just to qualify my observation.

This is when charging using a PC/laptop connection without access to the device storage (cancelled usb connection).

When using a charger/adapter (I used Amazon charger from my Fire HD 10) the led flashes a few times and then die again.

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 07-22-2022 at 02:57 AM.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 01:42 AM   #19
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Just my OCD kicking in.

Sometimes it helps to see (thru the led light) if the device is charging/still charging/done charging without needing to wake up the device.

I get what you mean that this is just a minor thing especially ereaders are usually charged not very often.

For me , "Indicator light while charging" means it's supposed to be on (led light) while it is charging. My perspective is from my mobile phone which has an indicator light while it is plugged in the charger.
I wholeheartedly agree that the light function should work correctly, particularly since it did with the early firmware versions. BTW, the Elipsa's LED light seems to work properly and has throughout firmware updates (so far). Connected to a power source, the light remains illuminated until fully charged, then it goes out, easily viewed from afar without the need to flip a cover open or check a battery icon. It's a reasonable expectation for a device and its features to function as designed.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 01:43 AM   #20
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Well, surprise, surprise.

The led indicator light is now lit on my Libra 2 while charging and the device asleep after updating to this latest fw.

And while asleep and charging, the displayed battery percent changes accordingly.
I missed your post while I was typing the above. This is indeed good news!
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2022, 02:11 AM   #21
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I missed your post while I was typing the above. This is indeed good news!
Just to qualify my observation.

This is when charging using a PC/laptop connection without access to the device storage (cancelled usb connection).

When using a charger/adapter (I used Amazon charger from my Fire HD 10) the led flashes a few times and then die again.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 02:29 AM   #22
gabryele
Connoisseur
gabryele began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura one
Im' curious... what affiliate find this update already now?
I'm with "kobo", or in "rakutenbooks" and no update found.

Last edited by gabryele; 07-22-2022 at 02:32 AM.
gabryele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 03:50 AM   #23
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschucha View Post
I'll be glad to tell you what I think it means - I think it should mean that the LED indicator light should stay on while charging, you know kind like what the "Indicator Light while charging" flag says. I didn't really have to get that meaning, I just read the words "Indicator Light while charging".

Did you think it meant something different? If so what do you think it means?
That is my point, I don't know what Kobo's intended behaviour is. It changed at some point and maybe Kobo forgot to change the wording. But, it doesn't say "Indicator light is on all the time while charging". It also doesn't say "Turn the indicator light off when charging stops". And that seems to be what you think it should be. On at least one of the other devices, the indicator light really means "Something with power is connected to the USB port". It doesn't differentiate between charging and not.

Personally, I don't care. The light comes on when I plug it in which is good as confirms I plugged it in correctly if I happen to have the case closed. That it turns of after a bit, doesn't worry me. If it is connected to a computer, I will always check if it has been ejected. If it is connected to a charger, then I just unplug it an use it. As I said, my comment was purely about how much importance people place on this minor function. And that people are so sure it is supposed to work some way, but, I'm not convinced that that is the case.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 03:56 AM   #24
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabryele View Post
Im' curious... what affiliate find this update already now?
I'm with "kobo", or in "rakutenbooks" and no update found.
I never remember the order, but, "kobo" is in the second or third pass and "rakutenbooks" is towards the end. Looking at my checker, it is going to "beta", "whsmith", "bestbuyca", "AngusRobertson", "indigo", "WalmartCA" and "WalmartUSA".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 03:59 AM   #25
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Must admit I've never noticed the light on mine so I've no idea what it does.
I have the splendid nickel clock on my Libra 2 with battery indicator at the top.
When it shows low, I plug it in with the cover closed, and unplug it after a couple of hours.
Works for me
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 07:50 AM   #26
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by dienbien001 View Post
look like my Klara has been bricked after update to the latest fw

I don't think I would be rolling around on the sidewalk, consumed with laughter, as your emoji indicates.

Here's the emoji I would use:

👎

along with a whole bunch of these:

😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 07:59 AM   #27
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I shall test the Zoom PDF feature as I'd rather access PDFs via Kobo GUI than KOReader on Elipsa.
Also I'll see is the 4.33.x bug on Advanced Notebooks gone (been reverted to 4.32.x on all the Kobos)
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 01:23 PM   #28
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
I'm one of those who had a lot of instability with my Libra 2. I put it through its paces with this new firmware last night, including switching back and forth between books, switching between reading books and reading Pocket articles, bouncing between the home screen and My Books, and more, plus popping up dictionaries, changing font and other settings, and so on. Everything worked fine, with no hangs and no delays.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 02:35 PM   #29
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post
Specifying different fonts in css won't work in kobo device, the fonts in css will fallback to kobo builtin fonts. So at most two fonts are available when you read book on kobo device, one is fallback font, one is the chosen font from the font dropdown list.

The multiple-font feature doesn't work anymore since the font part was rewritten in new firmware(since 4.32 if I remembered correctly)
Additionally, looking at your previous posts, you seem to make heavy usage of patches to the Kobo firmware relating to fonts, and to removing built-in fonts.

I'm not sure but how can you fault Kobo for issues you are having if you make all those changes.

Please do supply a test case we can try on an unpatched device.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 02:59 PM   #30
Svens
Enthusiast
Svens began at the beginning.

Device: Кіndlе5,NGL,PB650, KPW3,KPW4,KPW5, Kobo Aura One
Hi, guys

I installed the new firmware to try the new "pinching" features & here's what i've noticed:
1.If I pinch to enlarge the font and then pinch it back, the page doesn't return exactly to the state it was in before.
I noticed that while zooming (pinching) the "Margins" slider moves as it pleases. If it was on the 3rd position - it usually goes back one step, by itself. If it was after the 3rd position - it goes to the max ... However, in both cases, the changed state of the "Margins" slider is not really reflected in the page, but it definitely prevents us from easily bringing back the initial state of the page with a pinch.
2. For example: When i'd finally set my page back to it's initial state, i've noticed that the "Margins" slider moved a step back. However, the margins of the page have not changed with it. I slide it one step further - no effect. I slide it again (further or back) - now it takes effect.

I tried without My 24 line spacing values patch - the same thing - apparently, it's a firmware bug.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	255
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	195233   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_002.png
Views:	248
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	195234  
Svens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags