Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 06-03-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Eliot, Charles W. (editor): Harvard Classics 10: Smith, Wealth of Nations v2, 5June07

More of our great summer sale. Sources say this volume alone should sell for up to $9.95; but, for you, our price today is $0.00. How do we do this? Read the book and find out.

For some reason I seem to be unable to get the UK money symbol to show up in the final text. I have worked at this on and off for a while and even consulted (cue the flash card section) a guru named (name withheld since I still can't get the pound sign to print right.) I think it may have more to do with the base Windows font set and character coding. The tables are a bit unorganized but since everyone always skips these in every economics text it shouldn't a big deal.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Harvard Classics Volume X.lrf (921.3 KB, 1494 views)
File Type: lrf Harvard Classics Volume X - v2.lrf (921.4 KB, 2054 views)

Last edited by RWood; 06-05-2007 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Added v2
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 06:47 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Awesome. Another HC! It's like it's raining them. That's one rainstorm we can all enjoy!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2007, 02:37 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Hi Wood,

If you have the language set to "German" (which is what I use), the "£" sign should show up fine. They are present in quite a few of the books that I've done. They don't show up right if the book language is set to "English"!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:03 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Harry. I had set the language to German a long time ago and I am not sure how it got reset to English. That did the trick.

I have posted the revised version as "v2". Somehow all the download stats seemed to vanish from the original.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:37 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Thanks Harry. I had set the language to German a long time ago and I am not sure how it got reset to English. That did the trick.

I have posted the revised version as "v2". Somehow all the download stats seemed to vanish from the original.
if you load in a book with a different language then the default, the language gets changed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2007, 03:08 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is Karl Marx's "Das Kapital" in the HC series? If not, I'll upload it. We need something a little more "to the left" to balance out Adam Smith .
Old 06-07-2007, 09:03 AM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is Karl Marx's "Das Kapital" in the HC series? If not, I'll upload it. We need something a little more "to the left" to balance out Adam Smith .
Not part of the series.

I thought the Marx Brothers were popular starting in the 1920s. There was Groucho, Chico, Harpo, and Zeppo. I don't remember a Karl.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:03 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I think he was their German cousin .
Old 01-25-2008, 05:35 AM   #9
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Well, Karl Marx failed to become a credible economist when his economic theory failed to hold any water. Makes sense for him to be left out.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:04 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMatt View Post
Well, Karl Marx failed to become a credible economist when his economic theory failed to hold any water. Makes sense for him to be left out.
But nobody yet has actually tried to implement his economical theories as he intended them to be implemented. Marx would spin in his grave if anyone tried to tell him that the Soviet Union, etc, were "communist" countries in the sense that he understood the word "communism". Marxism certainly is not the sort of totalitarianism that existed in those countries.